Fox Pro Staff / Can you Help Me / CS24c / Add Sounds

Bad Dawg

I’m having trouble adding some sounds to my CS24C. If one of you guys have time, can you help me with this issue?

I’m getting some weird warning messages in the program utility. Also, is it the remote or the speaker I plug into the laptop?

Confusing process. Please help. Wish it was more cut and dry.

Mike

Last edited:
Ok. No responses. That’s fine. I’ll have to call customer service on Monday.

I just have one question though, for you, Foxpro. Who suggested to put the usb outlet inside of the speaker hub? Billy Bob?

Nope. Called Foxpro and they sent me some links to try and fix it, but nothing worked. Not sure why it’s such a complicated process with that utility program. Thinking of going back to Icotec and using this cs24c as an external speaker or something. It’s only a year old and has not seen any harsh conditions.

whenever i have called foxpro with a programming problem a foxpro tech guy has always walked me through the process while i was still on the phone with him and had the caller in front of me.

the tech guy guy has always made it seem so simple i feel dumb afterwards.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhenever i have called foxpro with a programming problem a foxpro tech guy has always walked me through the process while i was still on the phone with him and had the caller in front of me.

the tech guy guy has always made it seem so simple i feel dumb afterwards.

Hey Slick, you are right. They are very helpful. Here’s the latest update:

Tech guy said the memory card in the caller may be bad. I can still use my caller with all the sounds on it, but I am unable to add new sounds. They are sending me over another memory card and I’ll put it in.

I’ll let you guys know how it goes when I get it and put it in.

Another Update:

Package was shipped. That was fast! I just communicated with them this morning to let them know the links they sent via email did not solve the issue.

I’ll update again when I receive the package.

Mike

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhat sounds are you wanting to add dawg?

Hey Slick. Some of their free sounds, some squirrel sounds, and that nuttyhatcher (I think that’s what it’s called).

if you bought the caller with the standard sound list then nutty nuthatch should already be on the caller.

if you picked the sounds to be put on it when you bought it, then it might not.

You plug the speaker into the laptop first then add your sounds then do the backup for your sounds.. close out the utility program.. Unplug the caller and plug in your tx remote. format your remote and after that open the utility program and update your sound files on your remote..

If you plug in your caller and you get an error message you might get the option for Microsoft to repair the files.. If so click yes.. and then do another backup of your game call files.. Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158You plug the speaker into the laptop first then add your sounds then do the backup for your sounds.. close out the utility program.. Unplug the caller and plug in your tx remote. format your remote and after that open the utility program and update your sound files on your remote..

If you plug in your caller and you get an error message you might get the option for Microsoft to repair the files.. If so click yes.. and then do another backup of your game call files.. Dan

Hey Dan, thanks for the response. It turned out being a faulty memory card.

I’ll keep everything you mentioned in mind when I go to add the new sounds once I receive the new memory card.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotif you bought the caller with the standard sound list then nutty nuthatch should already be on the caller.

if you picked the sounds to be put on it when you bought it, then it might not.

When I bought it I picked out the sounds I wanted. Unfortunately, I did not pick that one.

Well I got the new chip and it didn’t work. I’m asking for a refund. We’ll see if Foxpro will give it to me. If they do, then I am pleased with them. If not, I will be posting a final review here.

Well, I figured out the Foxpro Utility Program, if anyone ever needs help with it.

I’m all set here. No need to return it. User error.

Back