Photon xt problem any clues?

Hey guys my buddy is having a problem with his photon xt,everytime he shoots it shuts off. Even with brand new batteries does anyone have any insight as to what could be causimg this issue,,,

Maybe the battery cover is moving during recoil causing it to shut off? I have a photon also and the battery cover can be finicky sometimes. I called the parent company last year needing something and they were great to deal with. If its not the battery cover give them a call and i bet they are glad to help

Mine has never shut off with the shot. Definitely sounds battery related. I'd try a battery back and see if it shuts off just to verify.

I'm a little lazy right now to check, maybe you can bend the connections at the top of the battery pack to make better contact.

Originally Posted By: pmack

I'm a little lazy right now to check, maybe you can bend the connections at the top of the battery pack to make better contact.

i was kind of wondering the same thing - do you have a contact thats not bent to the right spring tension to keep them in place under recoil

Good suggestions. Also make sure the cap is tightened all the way. I had mine do that but then realized I didnt twist the locking knob as far as it should have been turned.

How is he shooting the rifle? Off a bag, off a stand or off hand? If I put my photon on my r700, and shoot off the hood of my truck with a soft bag under the forearm and a bag under the rear it shuts off every single time. The springs aren't strong enough and the whole gun recoils up and the batteries slide down in the compartment and it shuts off when it loses contact. I can repeat it at any given time. Other than that I've never had it shut off. Recoil causes the scope to move upwards (to the sky) and the batteries are still sitting in the scope and the spring compress and they loose contact. Its only a milisecond though. Heavier spring would fix it. Or not shooting off a soft boat cushion! Ha

Back