A Question for Atheists

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Originally Posted By: pyscodogI read the biggest part of this thread......8 pages worth. And like a few have said, it is fruitless. One thinks this way and one thinks that way and 8 pages later, nothing is solved and never will be. Thats why I don't argue religion and politics. Its my business and mine alone. I've said it before and I'll say it again, religion and politics should be banned from this forum. It does nothing but cause hard feelings between people that used to be friends. This is a hunting forum. If you feel the need to argue religion and politics, go to Facebook. There are plenty of people there to argue with.

No one is making you read this thread. Just saying...

Kinda the same thing as walking past a strip club or a church. No one is making me go in!!

Originally Posted By: ADKhttp://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/q...an-52-38-58.jpg

23621963_1811841072223703_8708762152201620524_n.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgHere you guys are debating religion, spirituality, God, atheism and the cosmos and can’t even post a picture. HAHAHAHA!

Good one!
lol.gif
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: Bad DawgHere you guys are debating religion, spirituality, God, atheism and the cosmos and can’t even post a picture. HAHAHAHA!

Good one!
lol.gif
blush.gif

Glad you saw the humor in that and didn’t take it personal!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: MCaryThe answer to the OP’s question is simple. “Blowback” An atheist will only try to talk someone out of their beliefs as a defense mechanism if they are or feel threatened. They are only attempting to remove the threat. Human nature.

Atheists do not have a belief. Belief is an action word, it requires doing something. Atheism is to religion as not playing golf is to sports.

Religion does not define morality. Atheists act as moral or immoral as anyone else. And if religious people only act decent because of the threat of punishment in the afterlife, then atheists are much more moral doing it simply out of empathy for their fellow man.

It is interesting to note that the question most asked is “why don’t you believe in God” when with such an overwhelming lack of evidence you would think it would be “why do you?”

I like this guy. Comes in like a wrecking ball

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerOriginally Posted By: MCaryThe answer to the OP’s question is simple. “Blowback” An atheist will only try to talk someone out of their beliefs as a defense mechanism if they are or feel threatened. They are only attempting to remove the threat. Human nature.

Atheists do not have a belief. Belief is an action word, it requires doing something. Atheism is to religion as not playing golf is to sports.

Religion does not define morality. Atheists act as moral or immoral as anyone else. And if religious people only act decent because of the threat of punishment in the afterlife, then atheists are much more moral doing it simply out of empathy for their fellow man.

It is interesting to note that the question most asked is “why don’t you believe in God” when with such an overwhelming lack of evidence you would think it would be “why do you?”

I like this guy. Comes in like a wrecking ball

Yep.
thumbup1.gif

Mic drop!

Wait...if you don’t treat everyone with respect and accept that they have right to live their lives the way they see fit you get things like gay pride parades, and nobody wants that!

Now

Mic Drop!

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762My atheist dog wants to apologize if he offended someone's gay pride

The poor pooch is screwed... I would have thought you would have taught him better
wink.gif
wink.gif

interesting discussion! im an atheist, have always been. when i was pre-teen & teen my folks started me in church & sunday school too late so i had alot of unanswerable questions. as i learned more the questions grew, as did the sophistication. I was forced to go through the lutheran indoctrination when i knew i was wasting my time, although i did it because i love my parents and wouldnt disrespect them. i was very happy when i educated out of confirmation then got a job every sunday morning.

when i was young i was angry & resentful for being forced to memorize scripture that meant nothing to me and have church homework piled ontop of my school work, and we had a real jagg-off for a senior pastor/teacher that made it rankle even worse, he was high & mighty, and used his position for power and social ranking, having an elitist click of people. i guess i wanted to give back some of the irritation and "superiority" i had suffered, so when i would run into these people filled with righteousness and piety that tried to convert me, i would shower them with unanswerable questions, if their were others (never children or elderly women) around so much the better.

fast forward to my older years, i realize that for some people faith can be a great comfort and a stabilizing force in their life. i encourage my boys to have faith and am glad my younger son has found a place in the church and is happy and productive. I have never been one to advocate the removal of religious things from public places and am quite happy to live & let live. but, god help (pun intended) the righteous/pious person that gets attitude with me about being an atheist, cause i will, very calm & civilly start running through all the issues and lapses their belief systems have.

of further note: i will fight to the death to protect your religious freedom, except: there is one religion i have zero tolerance for and am in favor of its reformation or downfall.

thanks for reading and peace on you all

Have pitty on the man of ANY belief unfortunate enough to be standing next to a devout athiest. He is truly standing on the precipice of true [beeep] and only realizes it when the other starts to speak...
Truly he had been better never born than to spend the next apparent eternity being lectured at.
laugh.gif

I was an atheist for many decades. I think a lot of atheist are offended at the faith aspect of religion. They have a huge problem with believing something without actual evidence.

Originally Posted By: borrowed timeinteresting discussion! im an atheist, have always been. when i was pre-teen & teen my folks started me in church & sunday school too late so i had alot of unanswerable questions. as i learned more the questions grew, as did the sophistication. I was forced to go through the lutheran indoctrination when i knew i was wasting my time, although i did it because i love my parents and wouldnt disrespect them. i was very happy when i educated out of confirmation then got a job every sunday morning.

when i was young i was angry & resentful for being forced to memorize scripture that meant nothing to me and have church homework piled ontop of my school work, and we had a real jagg-off for a senior pastor/teacher that made it rankle even worse, he was high & mighty, and used his position for power and social ranking, having an elitist click of people. i guess i wanted to give back some of the irritation and "superiority" i had suffered, so when i would run into these people filled with righteousness and piety that tried to convert me, i would shower them with unanswerable questions, if their were others (never children or elderly women) around so much the better.

fast forward to my older years, i realize that for some people faith can be a great comfort and a stabilizing force in their life. i encourage my boys to have faith and am glad my younger son has found a place in the church and is happy and productive. I have never been one to advocate the removal of religious things from public places and am quite happy to live & let live. but, god help (pun intended) the righteous/pious person that gets attitude with me about being an atheist, cause i will, very calm & civilly start running through all the issues and lapses their belief systems have.

of further note: i will fight to the death to protect your religious freedom, except: there is one religion i have zero tolerance for and am in favor of its reformation or downfall.

thanks for reading and peace on you all

Very well said and interesting story you have!

I would have been considered an atheist when I was younger, same as what borrowed time wrote, church nonsense, forced to do something I didn't understand nor believed had any relevance. The fact there are different sects just in Christianity is ludicrous.

It wasn't until I grew up, got into the real world, forgot what little church taught me, started using my own senses and some interest in the history and teaching of all faiths that I ended up with a strong faith of my own.

The answers aren't in the Bible, not in one church or some powerful priest, rabi or whoever.

Pride for example is one of the 7 deadly sins that transcends a single religion. Choosing one religion and saying it's correct while others aren't is prideful, pride being considered the gravest of the seven sins. So how can one religion be correct while others aren't if it's the greatest of sins for a human to chose what's right and wrong with someones religion?

Choosing a religion is just as sinful as saying God isn't real. It's the work of the devil to separate all religions and keep us sinfully bickering(or beheading) about which one is correct or not.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI would have been considered an atheist when I was younger, same as what borrowed time wrote, church nonsense, forced to do something I didn't understand nor believed had any relevance. The fact there are different sects just in Christianity is ludicrous.

It wasn't until I grew up, got into the real world, forgot what little church taught me, started using my own senses and some interest in the history and teaching of all faiths that I ended up with a strong faith of my own.

The answers aren't in the Bible, not in one church or some powerful priest, rabi or whoever.

Pride for example is one of the 7 deadly sins that transcends a single religion. Choosing one religion and saying it's correct while others aren't is prideful, pride being considered the gravest of the seven sins. So how can one religion be correct while others aren't if it's the greatest of sins for a human to chose what's right and wrong with someones religion?

Choosing a religion is just as sinful as saying God isn't real. It's the work of the devil to separate all religions and keep us sinfully bickering(or beheading) about which one is correct or not.

You make some valid points RK but I wonder if the Church of Satan is o.k. with you?

I don't know if I would say Lucefarians or the Church of Satan is okay but for me at least understanding their beliefs is what turned me around.

More so learning about Lucefarians, their goals, beliefs and the true amount of Lucefarians and some of those Lucefarians in very high places.

A large amount of people and corporations funding big science and the people that control their money are Lucefarian, and these people that follow Lucifer are trying to convince everyone God doesn't exist....

So, how can I say that it's wrong that these shallow putzes want to sell their soul for some dollar signs and make believe power on this planet, their beliefs are what really turned me around to the fact there is a good and ultimately powerful God.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI don't know if I would say Lucefarians or the Church of Satan is okay but for me at least understanding their beliefs is what turned me around.

More so learning about Lucefarians, their goals, beliefs and the true amount of Lucefarians and some of those Lucefarians in very high places.

A large amount of people and corporations funding big science and the people that control their money are Lucefarian, and these people that follow Lucifer are trying to convince everyone God doesn't exist....

So, how can I say that it's wrong that these shallow putzes want to sell their soul for some dollar signs and make believe power on this planet, their beliefs are what really turned me around to the fact there is a good and ultimately powerful God.

grin.gif
Amen!

Back