New Patriot or inferno maybe the Cabela's SLP by foxpro

Crippleone

I'm getting ready to order my Christmas present, am thinking of getting either the Patriot or the inferno,other than the remotes being different what other advantage does one have over the other. Just found the Cabela's SLP by FoxPro, help with opinions on that compared to the other two. Thanks

Last edited:
i would go for the patriot for the raised buttons on the remote. the flat buttons on the inferno are kind of hard to push with gloves on.

otherwise they are about the same caller. the callers both use 4 batteries so the sound output will be identical.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti would go for the patriot for the raised buttons on the remote. the flat buttons on the inferno are kind of hard to push with gloves on.

otherwise they are about the same caller. the callers both use 4 batteries so the sound output will be identical.

Yep, same here.

Originally Posted By: hokiehunterWhere does the SLP fall into the foxpro lineup?

It has the old spitfire remote which is what limits it. The unit itself would be good and loud. For that money I would go with the refurb crossfire. Or if you can go higher get one with the tx1000. So much nicer.

Originally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: hokiehunterWhere does the SLP fall into the foxpro lineup?

It has the old spitfire remote which is what limits it. The unit itself would be good and loud. For that money I would go with the refurb crossfire. Or if you can go higher get one with the tx1000. So much nicer.

Ok, Thanks

Patriot is on sale at Cabelas for $120, if you were lucky and hit the blackfriday they had the Wildfire 2 for $99.. I picked up a Patriot to give a try, so far I am not completely sold on it. Maybe I will use the old Fox Pro model 48 another year.

Don't get hung up on this Foxbang thing. Don't fall into the trap that technology is going to fill the back of your pick-up with dogs. Heck I have called more in with hand calls than electronic anyways. That being said, the Banshee is a nice ride for the money.

Originally Posted By: specDon't get hung up on this Foxbang thing. Don't fall into the trap that technology is going to fill the back of your pick-up with dogs. Heck I have called more in with hand calls than electronic anyways. That being said, the Banshee is a nice ride for the money.

Just trying to start predator hunting. So the foxbang thing isn't really a critical thing?

Originally Posted By: CthorntonOriginally Posted By: specDon't get hung up on this Foxbang thing. Don't fall into the trap that technology is going to fill the back of your pick-up with dogs. Heck I have called more in with hand calls than electronic anyways. That being said, the Banshee is a nice ride for the money.

Just trying to start predator hunting. So the foxbang thing isn't really a critical thing?

Not at all. A lot of guys say they turn the fb off anyway. The absolute most important thing is to find places to go with plenty of coyotes. I've only been doing this about 7 years, not experienced compared to some guys on here. But even so my partner and I can stack them up when we are in the dogs. When we aren't it doesn't matter if the call has fb or fox fusion or fox pitch or any other gimmick. Don't get me wrong, get good gear that won't let you down. Make sure your rifle shoots where you point it and practice and get good off sticks or bipod or whatever you use. Then get in good territory, try new spots, pay attention to the wind and your approach.

Originally Posted By: CthorntonOriginally Posted By: specDon't get hung up on this Foxbang thing. Don't fall into the trap that technology is going to fill the back of your pick-up with dogs. Heck I have called more in with hand calls than electronic anyways. That being said, the Banshee is a nice ride for the money.

I never use it. It is too sensitive. If you even slightly bump the remote that will set it off.
I use the preset button instead of Foxbang. Just set whatever sound that you want under your favorites category as #1 on your remote then hit preset #1 when you want that sound.

Originally Posted By: the noobiePatriot is on sale at Cabelas for $120, if you were lucky and hit the blackfriday they had the Wildfire 2 for $99.. I picked up a Patriot to give a try, so far I am not completely sold on it. Maybe I will use the old Fox Pro model 48 another year.

Are you saying you would choose the wildfire2 over the patriot? I'm also new to predator calling, saw the patriot and the wildfire2 on sale so I snagged them both, researching which one to keep.

Originally Posted By: johnbraOriginally Posted By: the noobiePatriot is on sale at Cabelas for $120, if you were lucky and hit the blackfriday they had the Wildfire 2 for $99.. I picked up a Patriot to give a try, so far I am not completely sold on it. Maybe I will use the old Fox Pro model 48 another year.

Are you saying you would choose the wildfire2 over the patriot? I'm also new to predator calling, saw the patriot and the wildfire2 on sale so I snagged them both, researching which one to keep.

Honestly I'm not sure, if I was going to go out and buy one today at full price it would probably be the Wild fire 2 just because it's remote doesn't have the metal extendable antenna. It's 2017 they should have been able to come up with an antenna that's more durable than the one on the Patriot.

With that said the Patriot comes loaded with more sounds and has a higher capacity. Not that you need 300 sounds or would ever use all 300 but it is less and comes with more.

I just find it odd don't understand why they priced nearly the same and one doesn't really offer more than other if they just cut both product lines and combined them into one call for $200 it would be a better deal. IMHO. I doubt the speakers are different so I'd just keep the one you think is better.

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I cracked the patriot open and played with it a little bit so maybe I'll just keep it since it's open if neither one seems to stand out.

the noobie,

Actually, the antenna on the Patriot is a pretty good antenna. Have you had an issue with it? We have not heard of issues with that antenna. As you know, on some of our remotes, there is no retractable antenna, and there have been some issues with those as well. By having the retractable antenna, you can choose to extend it all the way up for maximum range, of if you are calling with the caller in closer proximity, you don't need to extend it at all. It's also much easier for transporting and storage if the antenna is in the down position.
In regards to the Inferno, it has more features (FOXBANG is a very popular feature for many people), and a larger lcd screen. We have a caller for everyones needs and budget. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Mike Dillon

1trkyhnter,

The FOXBANG can be sensitive if the remote bangs against something. Depending on the unit you have, you can make the User button the FOXBANG on/off button. You can also change the senstivity of FOXBANG from low, medium, and high. For most caliber rifles, the medium or low setting work just fine, and don't have many issues with false hits on the remote control. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I'm the opposite of Spec, 204 and 1trky! I think FOXBANG is an indispensable tool that FoxPro has developed.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many coyotes it has stopped!! Whether it be the second coyote of a double running after the first is shot, or a plain old miss... Ive shot an untold number of coyotes by simply having FOXBANG on.

There are multiple settings that allow you to adjust the sensitivity of FOXBANG. I for one have no issues having it "on" on everystand I go on.

Well I took the patriot or for the first time today. Not sure what to think. This is my first time with an e-caller so I don't have anything to compare it to, but not overly impressed. The remote was user friendly, seemed to have good range? (About 50yds) and was easy to read. It was a bit sluggish in the cold. My main concern is if its loud enough. I'm not sure it would reach an animal at 500yds or so. Am I expecting too much out of a lower end caller? I'm running new energizer nimh rechargeable, which I know aren't the best,but could batteries responsible for volume output? The whole time I kept wondering if my sound was reaching anything, but maybe it's doing better than I think? I'd like some thoughts if anyone has some input. At this point I don't feel like it's worth the price I paid on sale, but I'd like to give it a fair review if I'm doing/expecting something wrong.

Originally Posted By: johnbra My main concern is if its loud enough. I'm not sure it would reach an animal at 500yds or so.

no concern. on a calm day that caller playing a jackrabbit sound at full volume, a coyote can easily hear it at over a half mile.

Back