Anyone running a B&C stock on their Tikka?

RBO11

Anyone running a B&C stock on your Tikka rifle? Just wondering how you like it over the factory plastic stock?

Pictures of you rifle never hurt either
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Both are Tikka varmints with B&C m40 stocks, I like them much better then the factory stock. They are a drop in stock, but I would recommend a good bedding job. Red Hawk Rifles had the best price but I think they quit selling them.

FullSizeRender29.jpg

Originally Posted By: RBO11Anyone running a B&C stock on your Tikka rifle? Just wondering how you like it over the factory plastic stock?

Pictures of you rifle never hurt either
thumbup1.gif

I actually just ordered one, should be here this week. Will let you know. I've had B&C stocks in the past and they always seemed well built and a good value.

Shot just fine in the factory stock, expecting more of the same.

Im also looking for a stock for my T3x in 270. It must have a high designed cheek piece for recoil reduction. The factory tikka is one of the worst for recoil. Brutal. Slopes very low for iron sights, which it does not even have. Im looking at the manners MCS EH1/1A. All of others I have looked at are not as high at the top of the comb.

I put a B&C Medalist on my T3 and didn't like it at all. I find B&C stocks to big and clunky feeling. The Medalist was sold and replaced with a McMillan Sako Hunter which is a much better stock.

Originally Posted By: GhostmanI put a B&C Medalist on my T3 and didn't like it at all. I find B&C stocks to big and clunky feeling.

This is kind of what I wanted to know. The older Howa B&C stocks were pretty clunky too. I may go with a Boyd's.

I just got off the phone w/Manners. They said by the 1st of the year they will have another stock just for the Tikka. JFYI.
Grayboe's Tikka version should be interesting as well. [beeep] I want to go to the shot show!

Came in today. Fit and finish is good. Dropped right in and the barrel is fully floated. Weighed in at 6.6 lbs as shown so its about 5-7 ounces heavier than factory. Balances better though.

Seems to be a big upgrade over the plastic factory stock, much better feel overall. I own McM and Manners stocks and those are obviously top shelf, but for $275 this is a good value, imo.

Its pretty awesome that other companies (Grayboe, Manners, etc...) will be offering more choices for Tikkas. Great little guns.

Looks nice.

I've always had pretty good luck with B&C stocks on other rifles. Some required a little sanding, but they are way better than injection molded stocks.

Originally Posted By: 243kimber Santee116: How is the drop at the top of the comb in relation with the center of the barrel/action? Thx.

Drop felt pretty similar to the factory set up. I already took it apart though, sending the barreled action to the smith to get it threaded for my suppressor.

I can take some measurements in a few weeks when I get it back.

I have shot several Kimbers in 300WSM that seemed to kick less then my Tikka. The obvious thing I can see when laying one rifle On top of another is the height of the top of the comb of the stock on the kimbers are straight back in centerline with the bore that helps reduce felt recoil. The Tikka’s slant way down, for use of iron sights, Which it doesn’t come with.

Originally Posted By: 243kimber I have shot several Kimbers in 300WSM that seemed to kick less then my Tikka. The obvious thing I can see when laying one rifle On top of another is the height of the top of the comb of the stock on the kimbers are straight back in centerline with the bore that helps reduce felt recoil. The Tikka’s slant way down, for use of iron sights, Which it doesn’t come with.

I will take some pics of the factory stock next to the B&C. To my eye, they look very similar in terms of comb height and drop. Although, the monte carlo style on the B&C makes for a better feel and cheek weld, imo. But there isn't a huge difference.

That's probably good enough. I put a standard mossberg 500 stock onto of a mossberg Trophy Slugster stock and the top of comb difference was around a 1/2 of an inch difference. The felt recoil seemed to be at least a 50% increase. Little differences can and do matter a lot w/recoil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 243kimber That's probably good enough. I put a standard mossberg 500 stock onto of a mossberg Trophy Slugster stock and the top of comb difference was around a 1/2 of an inch difference. The felt recoil seemed to be at least a 50% increase. Little differences can and do matter a lot w/recoil.

Here you go, similar lines for sure.

K. Thank you. They do seem similar. Have you laid one on top of the other to see if the stock lines are the same while keeping barrel and action in line w/each other? That is the only way I could tell between rifles I had. nice paint jobs!

I have had both the standard and the M40. I liked the standard stock but the M40 was too bulky for my liking and it was sold after very little use.

Back