The Birthday Trip

Helluva write Sir! Made me feel as though I was there. Sounds like a fun trip, coyotes, crown reserve and a backwoods sweet aromatic. That’s my list anyhow

Great read and pics, as we have come to expect, Dave. Even thought I caught a whiff of sage brush a time or two.

Regards,
hm

Many of those thoughts sound familiar to me. Going an entire day without seeing or hearing the sound of another human besides a faint jet at maybe 35k feet. It's freedom that never ever gets old to me. Last weekend I turned my phone to airplane mode. Only so it would be on for taking a few pics. Man I don't relax until no one can call me. So awesome to not be able to be reached or bugged.

It's funny you mention no trash. The crazy thing is I don't even like to talk loud or make a lot of noise when I am out there, even though doing it doesn't matter one bit. It s almost like my sound would pollute the area. Crazy probably. Well accept rifles going off on stand. It's always cool hearing your partners gun go off totally out of the blue, just when you thought nothing was going to show up.

I always seem to sleep really good out there too. Nothing like a giant ribeye, lava hot canned spinach in the gut, then getting in bed, wondering what the next days events will bring. Coyotes love cigars this is proof😁

Thanks for all the kind comments fellas. I appreciate them. Really glad my sharing is enjoyed. Makes it well worth the effort and gets me more enjoyment out of the whole experience.

- DAA

Sounds like a birthday trip for the ages, and well told. Nothing better than a trip where everything comes together to create some memories you never want to forget. And I felt like I was right there with you on those stands, feeling the energy and excitement. It got me all revved up for my next trip out into the nowhere, just where I like to be too.

You and a Tim know how to read the landscape in your area to consistently line em up as you do.. I'm sure there is a little skill in there somewhere...

Great story and very well written. Read the whole thing and enjoyed every bit of it. That pic of Tim walking back from the set on the snowy two track is awesome. Looks beautiful out there.

thumbup.gif
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Sure enjoyed your Post----Thanks for sharing--Birthday's are Special ---Congrats on your and Tim's Kills--------svb

Back