6x6.8 Brass

MasterBlaster

Hello Boys!
My 6X6.8 brass is a bit of a mystery to me. The thing is on the recommended loads for the 58 gr Vmax my brass shows that it is flowing into the ejector hole and mashing the case head I have moved down on the loads and get the same thing. 8208,H322,H335. new SSA brass,Hornady and Fed. The primers(CCI 450s) are still round on the edges just the case head looks like it is taking a beating. Bullets not touching the lands, cases at 6 thousands shorter than fired cases. Is this the same thing you 6X6.8 shooters are seeing?
Observations welcome.
Thank you
MasterBlaster

Originally Posted By: GLShooterYou might size less for a quick trial.

Greg I agree with this. You could go even as far as neck sizing it and see if it makes a difference. If it does you might reduce your shoulder bump to something closer to .002"

Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: GLShooterYou might size less for a quick trial.

Greg I agree with this. You could go even as far as neck sizing it and see if it makes a difference. If it does you might reduce your shoulder bump to something closer to .002"

+ 1, I had the same problem with the round slamming into the bolt upon firing. Keep the shoulder bump to .002 or less.

Back