SD Prairie Mt. Lion

skinney

Director

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Nicely done!.. even if your fellow SD big game hunters don't know what you've done, they'd certainly be thanking you if they did.

That is absolutely awesome!!! I didn't think a 17 month old mountain lion would be that big. Imagine what a 5 yr old would be like! Congrats!

Here in Ks the KDWP just a knowledges a couple years ago that we have lions here. My cousin owns a ranch in southeastern Kansas and has seen lions off and on for 15 yrs now. I always think one day I will call one in or just happen to see one. What a sight and feeling that would be.

20 years ago I was in Argentina duck hunting. At lunch one day the guide asked me if knew what i was eating? I thought it was a tuff steak. He brought out a recently skinned Mt. Lion hide with head still attached and said "this is what you're eating".

I hope your's is a little more tender than the one I ate was.

Congratulations on a nice cat.

What a thrill, and calling him in to boot! Beautiful cat. Shame the +2 covers up those great choppers in that last picture.

Regards,
hm

Back