Pulsar XP vs XQ image quality

Understood! My hunting partner is also using NV and gets frustrated at times when he can't see and I'm still shooting. I told him once that just because he can't see is no sign I can't.

The only way I can get video is to turn it on when the stand starts. Otherwise in the heat of the action I'll forget it way over half the time. I just edit out what is useless.

Imo the big fov is worth every extra dime. The xp core is so clear I have considered using it in the daytime. Im just giddy like a school girl standing behind that rig lol. I don't think we have had a yote get away from a stand yet. They key to killing coyotes at night is to find them and big fov does that.

Last edited:
Hey varminter, do you every find yourself wanting more native magnification with the XP 50? I see the XQ has higher native mag so I'm just curious what your thoughts are?
I scan with the old hd19a so I pick them up incoming that way so maybe a smaller fov isn't a big concern? What are your thoughts?

Originally Posted By: varminter Well, If I ever remember to hit record and figure out how to post them I will.

Use the RAV function if you forget to record videos. I think 3 second before shot to 3 minutes after is ridiculous, but still an option. You just set it and it just records every time you shoot. You can always stop the recording after shooting as well. If it was 10 to 15 seconds before, it would be so much better, but it does work if you have 2.0 firmware or higher. Simply Hold the Record button down until you see a bullet come up behind the Video icon. When it changes to another option such as Camera, press and hold until it goes to Video, release and press and hold until it shows Video - bullet, and then keep this setting. It will hold this setting even when you turn the scope off and power it back on. This is RAV. Recoil Activated Video. It hasn't failed me yet, but I sure hope they make the settings either customizable or multiple options in the future.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: DoubleUpvarminter 223, we would all love to see some of your videos. There is nothing like seeing a unit in real hunting conditions. Thanks in advance, and thanks Kirsch for the reply. I didn't see it before I posted, and so just went back and edited it!

Well, If I ever remember to hit record and figure out how to post them I will.
frown.gif

Believe me when I am consistently killing running coyotes out to 260 plus yards at night the equipment is definitely making a difference. I can dump 12 or 13 rounds and the nv guys are just like what the [beeep], " how much did you pay for that scope?
thumbup.gif

I am glad I have 750 new 22 Nosler brass in the basement
smile.gif

Once you do get video you will need to post them on YouTube first then add the YouTube link here. Thats the only way I know of being able to add them to the forum. YouTube allows you to edit your video and clean them up as well which is nice. Im no expert in that type of stuff but I have been able to stumble my way through it. If you need help down the road let me know and I will see if I can walk you through it.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Imo the big fov is worth every extra dime. The xp core is so clear I have considered using it in the daytime. Im just giddy like a school girl standing behind that rig lol. I don't think we have had a yote get away from a stand yet. They key to killing coyotes at night is to find them and big fov does that.

I have every intention of using mine in the day time.

I would not want anymore base x than the 1.6 of the xp50. With pip it isn't needed not to mention I can up the magnification if I want to. I love the big fov and its death on runners.

That bullet icon was on my screen last i looked.....we may have some video. It show almost 5 min of recorded video but i have not figured out how to upload it yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223That bullet icon was on my screen last i looked.....we may have some video. It show almost 5 min of recorded video but i have not figured out how to upload it yet.

The video is uploaded to a computer either by connecting the scope to the computer with the included USB cable and then in the scope selecting Memory Card and copying the files to the computer, or it can be done via the StreamVision app, and then transferred to your computer.

Once on the computer, you need a program that will play .avi files. If you want to share it on the Web that is another story typically done with a site like YouTube. Most common formats for YouTube would be something like .mov or .mp4. I know this probably didn't help but probably sounds more confusing.

If you have a SmartPhone, I would start by using the StreamVision app (which connects to the scope via Wifi) and then look at the Files area under your Trail Scope. From here you can download and then view the files to see what you have. With RAV, each clip is 3:03, so they are very large and will take some time to download and view.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: varminter .223That bullet icon was on my screen last i looked.....we may have some video. It show almost 5 min of recorded video but i have not figured out how to upload it yet.

The video is uploaded to a computer either by connecting the scope to the computer with the included USB cable and then in the scope selecting Memory Card and copying the files to the computer, or it can be done via the StreamVision app, and then transferred to your computer.

Once on the computer, you need a program that will play .avi files. If you want to share it on the Web that is another story typically done with a site like YouTube. Most common formats for YouTube would be something like .mov or .mp4. I know this probably didn't help but probably sounds more confusing.

If you have a SmartPhone, I would start by using the StreamVision app (which connects to the scope via Wifi) and then look at the Files area under your Trail Scope. From here you can download and then view the files to see what you have. With RAV, each clip is 3:03, so they are very large and will take some time to download and view.

scared.gif
smile.gif

Little off the subject, but just got my Trail XP50 and is there a way when using the PIP to change the main screen magnification to something other than the base mag of 1.6?

Example.....have the main screen magnification at 3.2 and the PIP screen at 6.4.

Last edited:
What happens if you leave the PIP off, then set main magnification to 3.2, then turn PIP on? Does it automatically revert back to 1.6?

EDIT: Never mind.. figured I'd just try it.. and it reverts back to base mag when you turn PIP on... (figured you would have tried that anyway)

Originally Posted By: birmi1nrLittle off the subject, but just got my Trail XP50 and is there a way when using the PIP to change the main screen magnification to something other than the base mag of 1.6?

Example.....have the main screen magnification at 3.2 and the PIP screen at 6.4.

Last edited:
Back