My First Wolf!!

pRoDiEuS

Hey everyone, it has been a long while since i posted on here. I hope to post more regularly again. I wanted to share my story with you all.

I got my first Wolf on Oct 28, 2017. I have been trying to get a wolf for years. I was walking through the bush and went down a small trail. I came to a clearing and had my gun ready hoping to find a White Tail deer feeding in the clearing. Out of the willows to my right i saw a dark figure coming out of the shadows in the willows. At first i thought it was a bear as there are lots of bears in this area and the wolf looked very black. Anyway the wolf came walking out infront of me only 15 YARDS!!! Away and believe it or not it didnt even know i was there. It had its head down. As i relised that it was a wolf i quickly brought my gun up. As i did this the wolf looked up and right at me and with an explosion of energy it took off but i got a quick shot and the wolf died instantly 20 feet from where it first saw me with a hear shot. As soon as i took the shot a second wolf ran out. This wolf was almost pure white and again had explosive speed but was way to fast and i couldnt get a second shot.

This is my first wolf ever. I was so happy and sad at the same time. Happy because i have been trying to get a wold for literally all my hunting life. But sad because i killed such a beautiful animal. But again happy because i saved countless deer and moose lives in the area.

If i ever get the chance i will take another one but chances are this will be the only wolf of my life time.

This is a big Male Northern Alberta Gray Wolf. The taxidermist weighed him in at about 140lbs. The taxidermist is turning him into a rug for me.

If anyone ever wants a hunting challenge. Try to take down a wolf. It is super hard. I have only ever seen wolves 150+ yards away and they are gone in a flash. To be lucky enough to get with in 15 yards of one and it not know you were even there is I would think super rare.

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Thanks everyone. I am pretty happy with it.
Ya it is definitely a big wolf. Pretty awesome for my first one i think. I am pretty excited to get the rug back. I am going to be doing the skull myself so hopefully it turns out.

Also wow Some people out there got crazy about my wolf lol. On my instagram page its all about hunting and pics with dead deer, coyotes, rabbits, grouse etc... i also post pics of living animals i see in the bush as well and nobody cares. The second i posted my wolf oh man did the hate comments start flowing lol. Do you guys ever experience that? Is it mostly just because its a wolf? Do you guys get alot of hate for coyotes, deer or anything else as well on social media?

Last edited:
Back