FLIR LS64 Vs FLIR PS-32

Thanks for the info...I wish I had a DVR the other day when I watched a coyote pounce and eat a baby turkey/poults.

I couldn't believe the Hen stood her ground..

So is anyone making these to sell? I am very interested
smile.gif
. For the LS64

My LS64 is on SW 03.16.64

Anybody know if this is the latest SW version ? Is there a newer SW version ?

The reason I ask is that my battery is draining too fast these days. After a full charge, after 1-2 mins of using, my battery indicator falls from FULL to 3/4 just like that. I can only get about 3 hours of usage these days. I think it needs a battery replacement but I was thinking maybe with a new firmware I would get better result again.

Hi Skypup

Thanks for the feedback, I already have the GUI software and I was hoping for a software update as my battery is NOT doing well these days .

Maybe I should flash the same latest firmware SW 03.16.64 over the existing SW 03.16.64, do you know where to get the SW 03.16.64 ?

I am at work now, when I get home I will look on my computer, I believe I do have the latest FLIR LS-64 Firmware package on it from an engineer direct from FLIR.

oh lucky you, I have to drive atleast 45 mins for hunting.

Btw this Friday, I am off to some area near the Black Sea and the wild hogs there are said to be very big, I hope I get to see them .

I will also send you a PM and ask you for your thoughts on that specific product.

Pls do not forget to send me the Flir LS 64 firmware

Last edited:
The LS64 firmware update is 20MB, I will upload it to my server and send you a link for download and installation, be absolutely certain that the USB drivers load in fully before proceeding with the update, this make take 2-3 minutes until completed, check to make sure that USB driver is updated BEFORE trying to upgrade the firmware or you will crash the unit and it will be unuseable.....

Could you please also send me the latest firmware? I need to compare it to mine, for LS64. There is nothing on their website. They are really cryptic about supporting the LS64 product.

It's almost like they only sold 5 of them or something..

Yea that’s what I have already 3.16.64. I’m trying to get to bottom of why my scope rs64 has such better contrast and image than my LS64. You mention LS-XR is better is it more like the rs64? If so why? Oled screen or other differences?

I gave up on this, sold my LS64 which is clearly not supported. New question, got another RS64 to use as handheld/scope and the new firmware on scope that shipped is 2.00.03. I connected their software update tool and it said everything "up to date" but that was based on old firmware files in the software package. Now it updated the "EVF brightness" and I couldn't see the screen at all. So I connected an external display and was able to adjust brigthness back to max, which appears to be a bug as the min is black and you can't see, and that's at "octet" 5 or 6, the top one. So it's buggy there.

How do I get the latest software on my other scope, and how do I report this bug to FLIR? Their customer support is very poor and clearly disorganized firmware/software on their site. I was not able to get a hold of their main contact there that is in charge of all this. Amazing this company or division stays in business.

Thx

Back