Fur stretcher debate

Born2hunt96

Wood vs. wire stretchers. So far all i have ever used for my coyotes and raccoons has been wire stretchers.. Im getting ready to buy a few more and will probably stick to what i know but i thought it would make a good debate.

To clarify, i know you generally get a little better results from wooden stretchers but the wire ones are cheaper and don't take up as much space... Are the wooden ones worth that?

For us completely ill-informed, would someone mind posting a picture of a wooden and wire stretcher. I'm interested in making a homemade one as well and just starting to do some research. Just curious what some of the homemade ones look like. Thanks.

Will Have to wait until tomorrow for wire pictures but here is a wood stretcher I use made by colorado cat wood stretchers
shaHuo2.jpg

It is not so much wire vs wood, it is the shape once dried. Wood stretchers have a more desirable shape then the bowed in the middle wire forms. Also wood stretchers can be tailored to the size of the coyote in your area. I can't really think of a reason to use wire if you are selling pelts.

Back