Looks like Roy Moore had some wardrobe malfunctions

not so sure about that. it seems that right now the most effective thing you can do is accuse someone of sexual misconduct of some sort & zero proof is needed. they're guilty, they did it & everyone is fine with anything that happens to them.

I'm reminded of one of my nieces. many years ago she became a professional victim. she trots around middle TN speaking to womens groups, presenting herself as a molestation victim. problem is, at least some of the incidents she claims to have been molested at, there were other family members present who say no, that didn't happen. she was not molested. not a single thing inappropriate happened. she made it up, found that it gained her sympathy & attention & ran with it, has now been doing so for well over a decade.

I have no idea what may or may not have happened with moore but my gut says it has the reek of desperate dems willing to do anything to flip a senate seat. it's not like they don't lie about the opposition all the damned time. and it may well work, we'll see in about a month.

i'm with stu - lets wait and see what happens before we jump to conclusions.

the fact that some of the RINO's have jumped up and demanded a resignation so quickly should tell us a lot about the "facts" surrounding this case right now.

just remember - ANYONE can level accusations and file lawsuits. this is a common tactic of the left against conservatives they feel threatened by. the problem is many many of these type of things have ended up getting thrown out as soon as some of the facts come to lite.

this is why the media jumps all over these at the start. because they fall apart in time, but they can scream to the mountaintops about the allegations/lawsuit filings when they're fresh. and he's not on the "we like you" list for the leftist media by any stretch of the definition.

i'm not protecting Moore, all i'm saying is because of how the system has operated in recent history with sexual allegations against prominent conservative types.... lets take a wait and see approach before we get the pitchforks and feathers out.

Originally Posted By: WyYoteKillerSeems awfully odd, it just now surfaced after 3 decades. Kind of like a turd in a punchbowl.

nearly 4 decades... 38 years ago give or take a few months by my math.

Originally Posted By: Plant.One
i'm not protecting Moore, all i'm saying is because of how the system has operated in recent history with sexual allegations against prominent conservative types.... lets take a wait and see approach before we get the pitchforks and feathers out.

And I'm not condemning him.
The sexual allegations have been going both ways lately -no pun intended.
grin.gif

Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein got taken down by some skeletons in a really old closet.
On the other hand, the Duke lacrosse scandal got exposed for what it was.

And we all know poor little Michael Jackson was innocent!
lol.gif

Last edited:
i'm seeing some stuff online today saying that his accuser is a longtime dem supporter and working on the campaign team of his DNC opponent.

word is she, based on her current age, would have been 17 at the time, and not 14 - so holes are showing up in her story.

we'll see how those claims stand to further scrutiny.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Plant.One

And I'm not condemning him.
The sexual allegations have been going both ways lately -no pun intended.
grin.gif

Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein got taken down by some skeletons in a really old closet.
On the other hand, the Duke lacrosse scandal got exposed for what it was.

And we all know poor little Michael Jackson was innocent!
lol.gif

Looks to me like you ARE condemning him FW. First, let's examine your subject line. Sure, you only said it "looks like" but EVERYBODY knows what you meant.

Funny how you neglected to start a thread concerning any of the other recent abuse revelations. I doubt if anyone here wonders why. You seem to play close attention to this sort of thing. I never heard of the Duke case until your post.

And now the crack about the late Michael Jackson. Note, I grew up with his generation. I was never a fan, didn't much like his music and I thought he was weird. I pretty much accepted the allegations against him as true. I rolled my eyes as my wife watched a program about him recently. I don't go in for such stuff. We didn't discuss it much but she said she had doubts about whether he really had done anything after watching it. Still, I took what she presented with a grain of salt. And then there's Corey Feldman. You know what? I believe Feldman. Again, not because I'm a fan. I can barely name three movies he's been in and I only remember seeing one of them. I believe him because he makes a strong case for his own experience and he actually knew Jackson - they were friends.

None of this means I am convinced one way or another about either man. Either way, it is an opinion, not a point in fact. Jackson is dead. He was never convicted of anything.

Moore has been accused. That is all. Should the allegations prove true, I will be disappointed. He will certainly be held accountable, as he should. Until then, I, for one, will wait until this all plays out.

God bless

wapo has published false & misleading reports on moore in the past, so they don't have the best record.

dems have done this before. recall the 2012 primaries. herman cain was doing ok & suddenly there were accusations of sexual misconduct against him & he dropped out. we never heard a word out of those accusers again, just for one example.

which doesn't mean this might not be real, just that such a false attack is not without precedent.

if he did it, he's not fit to hold office. problem is I don't think we're going to have any way to know, one way or the other, so it's going to come down to what we think is credible.

weinstein was an open secret for many years. louis ck admitted it.

moore, there's nothing similar. no history. not a bunch of people in his circle that are saying "oh yeah, we knew that". no admission. the opposite, in fact.

one of these women has been reported to have a very left leaning, democrat supporting presence n FB but I'm sure that's just a coincidence & there's no possibility of any motivations other than than the pure truth here.

now the fact that nothing was said for many years doesn't mean it didn't happen. hastert rose to be speaker of the house & yet it turned out he had molested boys while a HS coach. he had also paid them for silence.

but right now we have allegations brought out by wapo, who has a history that involves lying & deception. these allegation serve the democratic party's interest & are perfectly timed regarding this election, so pardon me while I'm just a teensy bit skeptical.

Originally Posted By: seeknulfind

Looks to me like you ARE condemning him FW. First, let's examine your subject line. Sure, you only said it "looks like" but EVERYBODY knows what you meant.

Voices in your head again?
Another divine revelation?
Off your meds again?

Should the allegations prove true, I will be disappointed.

Wow.

Should the allegations prove true, I will be happy.
It always makes me happy to see pedophiles, rapists, and other sex offenders brought to justice.

You and I have different concepts of morality.

I know the source of yours, so I'll stick with mine every time.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Plant.Onei'm seeing some stuff online today saying that his accuser is a longtime dem supporter and working on the campaign team of his DNC opponent.

word is she, based on her current age, would have been 17 at the time, and not 14 - so holes are showing up in her story.

we'll see how those claims stand to further scrutiny.

Yep, seems to be more coming out now in his favor than against.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: seeknulfind

Voices in your head again?
Another divine revelation?
Off your meds again?

Quote:Voices in my head again? Hardly.
Quote:Another divine revelation? Another? Did I miss the first one?
Quote:Off your meds again? Maybe you had better check your god-like all-seeing device. It seems to be malfunctioning.

And what, prey tell, do you base any of this on anyway? I refer to how I came to my conclusion as “reading”. You might want to try it sometime. Surprise! You are far less subtle than you seem to believe. And by the way, what part of "Looks to me..." do you not understand?

God bless

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: seeknulfind
Should the allegations prove true, I will be disappointed.

Wow.

Should the allegations prove true, I will be happy.
It always makes me happy to see pedophiles, rapists, and other sex offenders brought to justice.

You and I have different concepts of morality.

I know the source of yours, so I'll stick with mine every time.
thumbup1.gif

Yes, FW, disappointed. Are you loathe to think I am not outraged? Did you “miss” the rest where I also stated “He will certainly be held accountable, as he should.”

So you state Quote:Should the allegations prove true, I will be happy. You will be happy if an otherwise good and decent man – one who has long stood for liberty and justice to be found guilty of doing something awful? I have to agree with you – we do have different concepts of morality.

Let's put this in perspective. If YOU were the one accused of similar wrongdoing, I would not be disappointed at all. Why? Because you represent nothing. You stand for nothing. If you have any standard at all, you keep such hidden behind so much mist and mystery. However I would still certainly expect you to be held accountable for your actions. As I am now reminded how blunt one needs be with you I'll make it plain: you would get punished accordingly. As will Roy Moore IF there is any truth to these allegations.

It may, however, behoove you to keep in mind, in this nation, one is still supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

As an addendum, I would also not be shocked should Roy Moore be found guilty of these accusations. I understand we all are capable of the most disgusting things. Morality, real morality on this planet has degraded increasingly, particularly over the past few decades, as I have pointed out before. Yet you consistently rail against any such suggestion, touting such observations as “gloom and doom”. And now you wish to claim some “moral high ground”? Please.

God bless

So you state Quote:Should the allegations prove true, I will be happy. You will be happy if an otherwise good and decent man – one who has long stood for liberty and justice to be found guilty of doing something awful? I have to agree with you – we do have different concepts of morality.

Yes, I will be happy.
My morals do not allow a category for "an otherwise good and decent" pedophile.
So yes, we certainly do have different concepts of morality. I'm liking mine better all the time.
grin.gif

As an addendum, I would also not be shocked should Roy Moore be found guilty of these accusations.

Don't worry about Roy.
All he has to do is bow his head and mumble a few words into the ground, and he'll be right back in the express lane for his crown and mansion.....
and his victims won't even get a copy of the memo.

And now you wish to claim some “moral high ground”?

Yes.

Last edited:
Quote:Should the allegations prove true, I will be happy.
Quote:
Yes, I will be happy.
My morals do not allow a category for "an otherwise good and decent" pedophile.

And yet your "morals" allow you to brand a man a "pedophile" based on an unproven accusation from someone you never heard of before the WP story was published.

All I know for sure at this point is the man has been accused.

Why bother with the rule of law? Who needs due process? Why not just string 'em all up and be done with it?

God bless

All I know for sure at this point is the man has been accused.

You imagined this whole disagreement into existence with your first post in the thread by making a totally incorrect assumption of my position on the issue.
That's called arguing from a false premise.

I will go on the record and say that all I know is that the man has been accused, and that an accusation alone is by no means any reason or evidence for any rational person to be influenced toward supporting or condemning him without absolute and concrete evidence either way.

Uh-oh, wait a minute........

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/36001...for-moore-after

Poll: 37 percent of Alabama evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after allegations

Nearly 40 percent of Alabama evangelicals said in a new poll that they are more likely to vote for GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore following allegations of sexual misconduct against him.

Last edited:
Seems kind of funny to me, people like bill Clinton get a pass on anything they do, others are guilty, only because someone has accused them. l don't even know who this guy is, but you need more than an accuser.
Barry

Back