What’s going on?

parson

The last two days, I have to sign in every time I come to the site, have never had this problem before unless I rebooted but now I need log in every time, getting tired of it, what’s wrong?

Last edited:
Why not try contacting a Moderator. Maybe they can help, maybe not, but maybe they can point you in the right direction. Also, generally there is a box you have to check to keep you signed in on a site. Can't remember if this site does or not. Good Luck,that is irritating.

Originally Posted By: Redfrogtry unchecking the box to keep you signed in

How do you uncheck an empty box? Every time I log in, the remember me box is empty, I click on it and the check mark appears. I can go to another site and immediately come back and I’m logged out every time. I have on been on this site several years, using a MacBook Pro, iPad mini and now for two years the same iPad Pro, this is the first time I have had anything like this. I have been logged out before but never every time, most of the time it would keep me logged in until I would reboot maybe once a month or so

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: parson
How do you uncheck an empty box? Every time I log in, the remember me box is empty, I click on it and the check mark appears.

do not click on the empty box to put the checkmark in it. see what that does.

seems like that is what i had to do. seems like it worked backwards of what it should. try it.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: parson
How do you uncheck an empty box? Every time I log in, the remember me box is empty, I click on it and the check mark appears.

do not click on the empty box to put the checkmark in it. see what that does.

seems like that is what i had to do. seems like it worked backwards of what it should. try it.

Tried it, still doesn’t work, about ready to give up. I can still read everything except classieds, guess I can live with that and my comments aren’t worth much so I will probably live with “logged out”

I found out by using my Mac that the problem is with my iPad but have no idea what it is or how to fix it. I stay logged in with the Mac but not the iPad. Tried two other sites and found the same problem of getting logged out when using iPad but not when using the Mac. My tech who has helped me in the past is history after ripping me off for $200, may have to go to Bestbuy for help, I just don't understand this stuff and at 76 yrs old not likely to learn either

With an iPad what color is your address bar at the top of the screen? It is likely black if you cannot stay logged in. The black address bar means you are in private browsing mode. To stay logged in you will need to turn private browsing off. When it is off your address bar will be white/grey. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted By: Dirty HippieWith an iPad what color is your address bar at the top of the screen? It is likely black if you cannot stay logged in. The black address bar means you are in private browsing mode. To stay logged in you will need to turn private browsing off. When it is off your address bar will be white/grey. Hope that helps.

Bingo. I have been all over the net for two days, tried virtually everything suggested till this morning, you are the only one with the right answer, what do I owe you? Thx a million

Originally Posted By: parson

Bingo. I have been all over the net for two days, tried virtually everything suggested till this morning, you are the only one with the right answer, what do I owe you? Thx a million
I'm glad that worked for you. I had the same issue and it was tough to figure out what was going on!

Back