Texas shooter reported to preach atheism on line!

He trolled atheist pages and got booted from one I am a member of. One of the Moderators showed proof of it on one of the posts tonight. He was a disgusting human being, period.

An atheist? Maybe. So what.

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRHe trolled atheist pages and got booted from one I am a member of. One of the Moderators showed proof of it on one of the posts tonight. He was a disgusting human being, period.

Yeah,
and it was pretty disgusting to see this thread, and Fursniper’s post on hm’s prayer thread, bashing atheists this morning before the bodies were removed from the church.

The guy taught Vacation bible school classes and was a member of another Baptist Church, but that had about as much to do with his mental illness as his professed atheism.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRHe trolled atheist pages and got booted from one I am a member of. One of the Moderators showed proof of it on one of the posts tonight. He was a disgusting human being, period.

Yeah,
and it was pretty disgusting to see this thread, and Fursniper’s post on hm’s prayer thread, bashing atheists this morning before the bodies were removed from the church.

The guy taught Vacation bible school classes and was a member of another Baptist Church, but that had about as much to do with his mental illness as his professed atheism.

You are not suggesting that the Daily Mail, Fox News and the Washington Times should not report the news are you fw? And you are not making up some 'fake news' here are you? Your comment seems more than a little disingenuous.

everyone always wants to know "WHY HWY HWY?!!!" the thing is that a lot of people dont need a reason to kill other people...

Many evils have been done in the name of God as well. It has little to do with the actual belief and more to do with the individual or group. Beliefs are also many times distorted by an individual or groups understanding and interpretation of that particular belief.

When it’s all said and done, I still choose to believe in a compassionate, loving, caring and tolerant God. I’m sure if the person that took these innocent lives would have held these same beliefs this evil act would have never occurred.

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgMany evils have been done in the name of God as well. It has little to do with the actual belief and more to do with the individual or group. Beliefs are also many times distorted by an individual or groups understanding and interpretation of that particular belief.

When it’s all said and done, I still choose to believe in a compassionate, loving, caring and tolerant God. I’m sure if the person that took these innocent lives would have held these same beliefs this evil act would have never occurred.

^^^^^^^^^^Right on.

Regards,
hm

"When it’s all said and done, I still choose to believe in a compassionate, loving, caring and tolerant God. I’m sure if the person that took these innocent lives would have held these same beliefs this evil act would have never occurred".

Amen Dawg!

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerYes, if it's defined as "profound immorality". No, if you define Evil as being some type of supernatural force.

Great answer swamp.
thumbup1.gif

Nothing is needed. With exception, human beings are born with Moral standards such as empathy and compassion. Otherwise we wouldn't have lasted long enough to create religions just couple thousand years ago.

How do you think primitive man survived the ice age? Not by murdering their unborn children like some "Christian's" I know. Just because you classify yourself as being religious , doesn't mean you have a lock on morality. For example I'd rather leave my children with a rather ordinary non religious dude, then leave them with the priest for the weekend..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: swampwalkerNothing is needed. With exception, human beings are born with Moral standards such as apathy and compassion. Otherwise we wouldn't have lasted long enough to create religions just couple thousand years ago.

Yep.
Morals developed as humans evolved.
Empathy, compassion, and altruism preceded religion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: swampwalkerNothing is needed. With exception, human beings are born with Moral standards such as apathy and compassion. Otherwise we wouldn't have lasted long enough to create religions just couple thousand years ago.

Yep.
Morals developed as humans evolved.
Empathy, compassion, and altruism preceded religion.

This is a simplistic, biased and controversial answer to the question of whether or not morality is innate in humans. Volumes have been written on the subject and it would take considerable time and effort to reach an intelligent and informed opinion. I seriously doubt that swampy and fw have done an exhaustive study on the subject.

Back