Where do you go to get a blade engraved?

DiRTY DOG

I'd like to have a nice knife engraved with a name for a graduation gift. Is that something that a local trophy shop can do well or is there a better place to have it done? Suggestions?

I had a Trophy shop do a few Fillet Knives to gave to my employees years ago.
They did a fine job. They were all identical....looked like they came from the factory.

I have laser engravers at work. I prefer the look of laser engraving versus abrasive engraving. That said, if available, opt for the laser...IMO>

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I have laser engravers at work. I prefer the look of laser engraving versus abrasive engraving. That said, if available, opt for the laser...IMO>

Agreed but there was no such thing as laser engraving when I had those fillet knives done.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: pahntr760I have laser engravers at work. I prefer the look of laser engraving versus abrasive engraving. That said, if available, opt for the laser...IMO>

Agreed but there was no such thing as laser engraving when I had those fillet knives done.

Yeah, I can see that as an issue. The laser stuff is just now becoming more affordable for smaller shops to get. The nice thing is they're capable of some tight tolerances in the programming making them able to make some really nice designs. But, at times, one has to work with what they have available.

I hear ya bud.....I'm old school on most stuff but I'm all for laser technology.

The Laser checkering Boyds does on their wood stocks is as sharp and uniform as any I've ever seen.

I will (likely) be seeing some of that Boyd's checkering soon-ish. I am reviving a Rem 760 in 308 and it needs new furniture.

I'm pretty sure you'll like it.
I had a Boyds classic ordered for my 700 222 build when my buddy talked me into adding the checkering.
I called and asked if it was to late to change my order and the lady said it's about to ship but I'll try to stop it. Fortunately she was successful.
That was back when checkering was a $40 add and Boyds wasn't so discombobulated but boy am I glad she was able too.

Back