90 grain Blitzkings in a 25-06?

I've shot them, excellent bullet. For a varmint bullet they will go a long way. This was my first year shooting them so I can't say to much other then they are accurate and with the bc they have they are good for longer distances.

Pyscodog, every rifle is different but mine shoots 85 gr NBT's really good. If you haven't try some of them too. They hit stuff hard. I never saw the need to try any different bullets after I worked a load up for them. I shot some 90 gr Sierra HPBT that didn't shoot for nothing. The Hornady 75 gr V Max shot good also. Hope you get that rifle shooting. The 25/06 is a bad azz cartridge and sure hits hard. Just about every Sierra bullet I've shot has (except for the 90 gr) has shot very well. Good Luck on your loads.

I ran 85gn NBT's in my 1/4 bore with 53.0gn of imr4350. A little warm but it was dead nuts accurate and wrecked coyotes, crows and whitetail.

Last edited:
I shot the BK's today with H4350 and a CCI primer. They shot the best of anything I have tried so far in the Sendero. Going to try some different primers and maybe a tad more powder to see if I can tighten the groups up a little. If that don't work, I'll start playing with seating depth.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI shot the BK's today with H4350 and a CCI primer. They shot the best of anything I have tried so far in the Sendero. Going to try some different primers and maybe a tad more powder to see if I can tighten the groups up a little. If that don't work, I'll start playing with seating depth.

I've had the best luck using Fed 210 or Win LR primers with this cartridge. The 2 best bullets for groundhog hunting for me are the 85 gr Nosler and the 90 gr BK. For powder I've been using RL19 at 57.0 gr for 3600 fps.

Also tried the 75 gr bullets, very accurate but they just ran out of gas long before the 85/90 gr. Wrote them off after one season.

Back