Is a 458 SOCOM Fur Friendly?

Squeeze

So does anyone else ever do something that makes you shake your head after you pull the trigger on a decision?

I have been lusting after a 458 SOCOM upper, for a few years now, but just never took the leap. So Joe Bob runs a sale, on 458 SOCOM uppers, and it is like I have an out of body experience. I find mail in my inbox that says I ordered one!
scared.gif
Then mail shows up that I have brass, bullets, and dies on the way!

So now I guess I need a reason to own it, and was wondering if it might make a good short range coyote rifle? I am planning on loading light 300 gr Barnes TTSX bullets, so does that help?
grin.gif
If that turns out to not be fur friendly, then I guess I can use it for deer, and making huge grins on my face.
wink.gif

Squeeze

This weekend I am taking both of my 458 socom out. Deer Rifle season opening weekend so i am going to be shooting some pigs with it!

My .50 Beowulf is brutal on 100 pound and less pigs... I would think it would just about split a coyote in two pieces...lol. I also think the .458 would produce similar results...

I shot one small pig one time and it just about removed the ham from the rest of the body.

334gr HP at 1900 FPS.

Thanks guys, this is helping.
grin.gif
Our deer season starts in two weeks, but I doubt if I will have time to bring all of the pieces together, and get a load worked up by then. I have a 6.8 SPC with a suppressor queued up for this year's "swamp" rifle, and the 260 Rem. for distance.

But I think I will try to get it assembled, and get it on paper, for deer camp. It will make for great conversation, at the deer rifle show and tell time.

Squeeze

Back