You fellas finding brass?

borkon

I have not shopped for brass in years but do look when I'm at a sporting goods store. Have not seen .222/.22-250 or .243 for a long time.
Starting to see it now. Even 220 swift. Wnchester.54.00 per 100.

Not much 6MM brass. Hornady brand mostly. Winchester brass but, bad reports on quality of that brand!! Splitting and split in the bag.

Winchester finally put out some 257 Roberts brass here a while back. I was happy to get 100 of them. Until I started prepping it. Horrible quality. I lost 9 cases out of 100 due to split/folded necks during the initial inspection. I have been loading for over 25 years, that was the worst lot of brass I have ever seen. I am sure the 257 and 6mm came through as part of the same processing since they are the same case, just a different neck. Sure am glad I found 100 new Remington 257 cases, they are MUCH better quality.

ya selection is finally catching up a bit. they're running the presses for some of the less popular calibers now (meaning not 308 and 556) although those were one of the first things i saw hit the shelves regularily during the shortage.

[beeep] big green even released a batch of 30 rem AR brass to midway *shock*

hopefully starline's new rifle offerings will expand as people start using theirs and fall in love with it. i was gonna order a bag of 450bm from them until i scored a deal on almost 200 pcs of once fired hornady at a good price

I found a bag of new Win. 6mm on the back of one of my shelfs not too long ago. From back when I had a 6AI, so it would be at least 15 years old. I don't remember too much about the quality, other than I know I was never too thrilled with any 6mm brass I ever used (which is why I never built another one, been all .243AI ever since...). But this Win. must have been the best I could find at the time, else I wouldn't have used it.

I really ought to sort through some of my crap and have a garage sale one of these days... Got probably the better part of a literal ton of stuff I'll never use.

- DAA

Pretty much everything that was in shortage during Obama panic is back on the shelves around here. That is everything but H4350.

Actually it seemed like the day after DJT was elected the shelves were way better.

Borkon, I have been happy to see more brass available around town lately. The new Runnings has a nice selection of reloading supplies and powder which is a welcome thing around here. I scored 4,000 rounds of 223 brass when the Fargo Gander Mountain closed $107.00 per 1000 so I should be good for awhile. Good Luck this deer season, I will wait until thanksgiving weekend for Muzzle loader in MN.
The invite to get over to the indoor range in West Fargo still stands if you have any extra time. Catch you later....Doug

Doug, the way I've been shooting lately I need alot of range time!!
Got back from MT and ( shoudda) brought home truck load!
Never shot so poor
frown.gif

Bucks are going nuts now. Been passing on some decent ones but nothing big yet.
Yes, the new Runnings store is GREAT to have
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Back