Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor brass

Bowhunt

I have a standard FL die set from RCBS. I ordered Lapua brass and I have read that the flash hole is smaller than other brands and that the decapping pin in my dies may not work. Can anyone verify this? If so....what do I have to do to get my standard set to work? I know the Lapua brass uses small rifle primers but I keep hearing that the flash hole is very small also.

Call RCBS and tell them that you need the small firing pin and you are done.

I have known guys to open up the small pocket to a large rifle, then open up the flash hole. Other guys have opened up the flash hole only.

I would suggest cci 450 with the small primers only or a Tula magnum.

Good luck

Originally Posted By: ackleymanCall RCBS and tell them that you need the small firing pin and you are done.

I have known guys to open up the small pocket to a large rifle, then open up the flash hole. Other guys have opened up the flash hole only.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply. There is no way I want to modify the cases, as I believe that the small rifle primer pocket and the undersized flash hole is a big part of what makes these cases so durable.

Originally Posted By: ackleyman

Good luck

Are the Tula SRM’s still around?

The Sellier& Bellot SR primers have given me the lowest ES/SD in my Palma 308 Brass but in the Lapua Creedmoor stuff I have been using Federal AR 205 Match primers.

Originally Posted By: venaticThe Sellier& Bellot SR primers have given me the lowest ES/SD in my Palma 308 Brass but in the Lapua Creedmoor stuff, I have been using Federal AR 205 Match primers.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the S&B primers, especially at their price point.

Back