Keymod Handguard question

Predator257Roy

So, I finally got in my TBA .223A suppressor and completed my SBR build. Only problem is that I may have selected the wrong hardguard by not thinking things through. I want to mount a Harris Bipod on it, mostly for the benefit of my daughter. My suppressor is tucked inside a Sampson Evolution 15" keymod handguard. I've never used or even looked at keymod hardware, but I don't think that there is any clearance inside my handguard based on how I think these things work. Do I have any options to mount the bipod short of getting another handguard?

Last edited:
The nuts on the Daniel Defense bipod mount only protrude about 1/16 of an inch into the hand guard. It is a very nice fit and should leave a pretty good amount of room inside the hand guard.

It's a 10.5" SBR. Mounting it behind the suppressor would be halfway down the hardguard. That might be kinda weird. I was hoping that there may be some accessory I didn't know about. What about a metal strap of sorts that was on the outside of the handguard and held a swivel stud? Otherwise I may have a Sampson 15" Evolution for sale.

Originally Posted By: Predator257RoyIt's a 10.5" SBR. Mounting it behind the suppressor would be halfway down the hardguard. That might be kinda weird. I was hoping that there may be some accessory I didn't know about. What about a metal strap of sorts that was on the outside of the handguard and held a swivel stud? Otherwise I may have a Sampson 15" Evolution for sale.

I missed the SBR part. Yes, a 10.5" barrel doesn't give you much room to work with. It sounds like you'll need to bump it up to a larger diameter handguard.

Midwest makes handguards that are made for suppressors and short barrels. I have one, the longest one weights 1 pound works great with 10.5 barrels.

I was going for the suppressor being hidden inside the handguard. Oops. If the handguard was a piccatinny quadrail, it would be much easier to accomplish this, wouldn't it? If so I'd just sell or use this handguard on another build.

Back