All copper 22-250 bullets

Bobby yote

Greetings everyone!
Savage 10, 22-250 predator rifle 22" barrel 1in 12" twist . I must switch to all copper why ? Commiefornia that's why 🤦‍♂️ Barnes tsx, Barnes ttsx, nosler E-tip or some other all copper brand of bullet ? What do you experts recommend for coyotes and what grain of bullet for my twist rate ? I reload so I'm good to go there . Powder and load recommendations where to start would be much appreciated as well. Probably a good idea not to shoot past 250 - 300 yards with this caliber for coyotes? What say you !

Thanks and have a good hunting and straight aim day !

Besides the ones you mentioned there are also the Cutting Edge Bullets that are monometal. Kind of pricey, but dang good bullets. Your rifle will tell you what it likes though. Monometals in a 12 twist you are going to have to stay pretty light in bullet weight. CEB makes a 40 or 45 grain Raptor that is pretty vicious.

I would also look at the Nosler Lead Free Ballistic Tips and Barnes Varmint Grenades, also lead free(CA legal). Both are just fine for predators.

I have not shot the all copper version bullets yet.
Shooting coyotes up to 400 yds is acceptable for me and 300-350 has happened frequently with my Tikka.
One at 340 yds just this week.

The 50 grain and bigger copper bullets may not shoot worth a darn in your 1-12" twist barrel.

For coyotes I would try the Nosler 50 gr Lead Free BT Varmint bullet like DiRTY DOG suggested and if that doesn't shoot good I would try the Nosler 40 gr Lead Free BT Varmint bullet.

I had a 1-8" twist barrel put on my 22-250 just so I could shoot any of the 22 cal Lead Free bullets up to at least 62 gr.

The Lead Free copper bullets cost about 3 times more than the Lead Free varmint bullets do.

Last edited:
OP probably doesn't need solid copper bullets for coyotes. If he does actually want solid copper, try the 45gr TSX or 50gr TTSX.

I am in the same boat as you. I purchased 45grn TSX and 50grn TTSX to try with Varget. I loaded up a ladder test with both bullets. I am not very confident that the TTSX is going to stabilize in my Stevens 200 with 1:12 twist. If they do not I am hoping that the 45grn bullets do because that is the twist they are designed for. This is part of the reason I picked up a an Axis II on sale for 349, the 1:9 should for sure stabilize the 50grn TTSX which look like a great bullet.

Originally Posted By: Redleg84Lehigh is another option, they have a few options that should work and would be cheaper than the other premium solids

Where do you get these? I see no caliber less than .308 on
their web page??

Back