Remington ML blew up today. (pictures are up)

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: GLShooterI wonder what Remington would do for him.

Greg

I'd bet not a [beeep] thing.

I disagree. I bet it would be something like, "Oh my, gee willickers. Did you hit the target "

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: GLShooterI wonder what Remington would do for him.

Greg

I'd bet not a [beeep] thing.

I disagree. I bet it would be something like, "Oh my, gee willickers. Did you hit the target "

Greg

That's "saying" something, not "doing" something.
My guess would be if it is repairable, it would be at the owners expense. This was operator error not material failure.
Just my guess.

I agree with that 100%. I suspect it wouldn't be cheap but it would be a testament to their product safety level so who knows what the savings would be.

Greg

Originally Posted By: pyscodogCould the rifle be rebarreled, considering the action wasn't damaged? The bolt is messed up and would need the handle silver soldered back on for sure.

I would give him $50 for that action.

I had a friend with a Remington 7400, he reloaded and he blew it up...I suspect he got his powders mixed up...he had a small cut on his forehead. He wouldn't admit that it might have been his reload. He contacted Remington and they offered him their current semi-auto rifle in the same cal (30-06) for 1/2 price. That was their best offer and I thought it was better than they were obligated to. Same friend about 3 months later blew up an old M1-Garand...yup same 30-06 reloads...

Looking at that I would have guessed there was a barrel obstruction at the muzzle if I hadn't read the story.

Scary......

Originally Posted By: pyscodogActually, there was an obstruction.....an unseated bullet. I guess that what you could call it.

Are bullets an obstruction?
My understanding is that it was seated but not fully or am I missing something?

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: pyscodogActually, there was an obstruction.....an unseated bullet. I guess that what you could call it.

It was started with the short starter (4-5"?), but it wasn't seated on the powder with the ramrod.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: pyscodogActually, there was an obstruction.....an unseated bullet. I guess that what you could call it.

It was started with the short starter (4-5"?), but it wasn't seated on the powder with the ramrod.

Got it. Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

One of the posters talked about marking the ram rod for seating depth so I assumed it wasn't fully seated.

Glad he/she wasn't hurt but I gotta say that anyone that's attention span is so short they start the bullet and then forget to use the ram rod should probably take up a safer past time like golf.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyThere is a fine line between launching a projectile and setting off a pipe bomb.

HA.....I really did laugh out loud.....good one....and true...

Back