Another Got My Cat Back Thread!!!

CountryWildcat

Went and picked up this guy a few nights ago. Pretty quick turnaround really as I didn't get him to the taxidermist til after furharvester season was comppleted.

I am very happy with how he turned out. Originally wanted a lower, more crouched stalking pose but my taxidermist was worried he'd be too long for that form, so I went with this instead.

37809317402_01177dd079_z.jpg

23988542748_dda2441ba8_z.jpg

37809324102_9a8403fa68_n.jpg

I don't know that I ever posted this hunt. We had a couple inches of snow and a weekend without work, so a friend and I took his son and my brother with us and we hunted all day on Saturday.

Didn't get a single coyote, but on one of the places he had permission we set up on either side of a tree row facing into some thick brush that bordered a creek. I think we called him with jackrabbit, had a decoy out to my right about 10 yds. I was the only one who saw him alive, my brother was the only other one that could have possibly seen him along with me. It was typical of what I read about cat calling. I scanned the edge and thought, I don't remember that stump being there. He was sitting, watching the decoy, and never flinched as I swung the rifle and got on him. One shot to the chest with and the 60gr Vmax never exited. He was dead before he hit the ground.
I am determined to take my friend to some of my spots and try to get him a cat; I am so happy to have had a chance at one in my first year of calling. He weighed 26 lbs and was over 30 inches nose to tail.

I'll admit it's not the best cat mount out there, but I am happy with it. I've seen some praised on the internet that I didn't care for, so I don't mind if not everyone likes it.

It's better than mine by far. It's just as good if not better than most cat mounts I've seen. I like cat mounts....when they're in someone else's house.

Mine was shot in the face with a shotgun and was mounted on a form way too small. because where I shot it kept ripping when it was put on the right sized form. I wish he'd have told me before going ahead and doing it. It would have never got mounted.

Now I have a big eared,cross eyed bobcat. Every time I look at it I feel like shooting it again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OKRattler
Now I have a big eared,cross eyed bobcat. Every time I look at it I feel like shooting it again.

i wont lie, that made me laugh.

Back