Perfect New Cover

tripod3

I am always looking for new set opportunities which is not exactly simple. Unfortunatatly
w00t.gif
this combine spontaneously combusted and I thought, wow what a great place to park.
Breaking out a carver call I let out a few miserable sounds and presto here is a young coyote at only 100 yds.
Being deer season and too cheap to waste a .300 bullet he wandered off confused. Even stopped to relieve himself.
These are phone clicks out the window.

[img:center][/img]

[img:center][/img

[img:center][/img]

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762What a waste, do you know how it caught on fire? Ohh yeah, all coyotes are worth the price of any bullet.

No clue on the fire. A friend saw it next morning. It wasn't the big one at about $750,000.
The coyote was probably worth a bullet he'll just get a smaller one later.

Taking advantage of discarded machinery and such, IMHO, is always a good idea.
It's usually set there long enough, that coyotes simply see it as just part of the scenery....not to mention a good place to find mice & bunnies.
Of course, as a veteran of the predator war, you already knew that. Hahaha

Oh man, tough loss on the combine.

I have found that there are a lot of opportunities like that. I once heard from a farmer that was having a coyote problem that he was always seeing them when he would drive out to his equipment. So I rolled out with him one morning. When he went out to the equipment I set up next to his truck. Sure enough, here come the coyotes as soon as he fired up the equipment.

I think that they get used to the equipment and treat it as part of the environment. There can be good opportunities. Good call on the stand!!

Originally Posted By: ballance1was that south of Lamont? by Shell Rd?
It is kinda south but not sure what road. There are a couple old houses to set by on the creek and some other equipment too.

Back