Trail/helion battery

Hey guys I have a helion xp28 and was thinking of getting a spare battery. Does anyone know if the physical size is the same between the ips5 and ips10? Thanks

I've got the XP28 myself (actually it is enroute back to Pulsar right now for replacement) and I am (was) getting very good battery life with the IPS5. They advertise about 8 hours life and in my limited experience I don't have a doubt that is pretty accurate.
Two 5's should give +- 16 hours life, that would easily last all night and then some for me. Because the 5 fits flush in the unit I would probably choose that size over the 10.

That’s what I was thinking I’d get for the same reason you stated. I’ve been happy with the battery life so far but haven’t started hunting with it yet as season is still a few weeks from opening and would rather have a backup battery to ensure I was good to go all night. A couple times the battery seemed to completely drain without the unit being on. I am curious what went wrong with your thermal though.

Originally Posted By: DholsappleThat’s what I was thinking I’d get for the same reason you stated. I’ve been happy with the battery life so far but haven’t started hunting with it yet as season is still a few weeks from opening and would rather have a backup battery to ensure I was good to go all night. A couple times the battery seemed to completely drain without the unit being on. I am curious what went wrong with your thermal though.

I had it less than 1 month, all was well until last wed. Twice on the 3rd stand of the night it froze up with nothing in the display but a blank white screen.
Thurs night it started with white lines flickering across the tool bar. If I pressed any function button, for as long as the menu or icon was on the screen, the image jumped and rolled until the icon timed out. Then it completely locked up, no buttons would work at all. I had to remove the battery to power it off.
Friday night, same white lines at the bottom and same jumping/rolling screen. I powered it off and it worked fine after that.
The weird thing is that I used it Sat & Sunday night and it worked fine.
Anyway, Pulsar provided a return label but they said it might be 2 weeks before I get a replacement. I really regret that I sold my FLIR. I should have kept it as a spare just for this reason.

Well Hopefully the new one won’t give you any problems. Just out of curiosity because I haven’t dealt with any warranty work do you contact pulsar directly or do you go thru the dealer? I have wondered if I should’ve kept the 19a for a spare myself. Last year was without a call for a long week and seems it never hurts to have a spare with any critical piece of technology haha

I contacted the Texas office of Pulsar direct. I talked to Tech support first, they advised me to return it for exchange.

Back