Killed a pretty big kitty down in Texas

Barkman I actually have a full box of 130 accubonds on my bench. Maybe I'll just have to break them open and give them a shot. The SST shoot great, but didn't do as I expected. Thanks

Hey there Mr Byron, good to see a fellow Texan. It's some rugged country in that area, but holds some awesome trophies. I'm just glad I could share it with the members on PM.

Last edited:
I was down in Junction just a few weeks ago speaking at the Texas Trappers and Fur Hunters rendezvous. Good friend an fellow PMer (Randy Watson) just moved down their as well. Had a great time visiting with Randy. Love that country.

Byron

Fantastic story and trophy! Thanks for sharing! Count me in the "green with envy" club. Lol! That's exactly the way I'd like to kill a lion - that or calling. Wow. That's all I can say - just, WOW!

I wish the hunt would have happened while actively calling predators as well, but hey I couldn't pass it up!
smile.gif

Outstanding hunt.......outstanding story !! I'm thinking, "Thank God for that branch you stepped on !!" They are truly awesome animals---Congrats to you, sir !!

Very late congratulations; don't know how I missed this one but happy I caught it on the rebound. Will be happy to post your pictures. In fact, appreciate if you can send the original pics and I'll re-post them as well. _))(*&&*%^# Photobucket! PM Sent.

Regards,
hm

Hm,
I emailed you the photos and thank you for the congratulations and for helping post those photos. I’m proud of it and believes it was well worth the wait for the taxidermist.

Great looking cat, Jason; you can be really proud of him!

24040225318_7c1c172cb5_c.jpg

37861352282_92a7b27586_c.jpg

37172313343_8b04476a3a_z.jpg

As Paul Harvey used to say, "and here's the rest of the story":

37891781841_50baa013c5_c.jpg

Sorry, bout that, found the rest of the pictures and put it all in order.

Beautiful cat!

Regards,
Clarence

Last edited:
Hey thanks Clarence for your help in posting the photos. Just a little info on the mount. Everything in the mount was collected from the spot where I shot the big Tom. I took a shovel, bucket and gloves and collected many pieces of various stuff and dropped all off at the taxidermist. I told him I wanted the mount to represent the day I killed it, and I left him some photos. He nailed the pose and the face on the cat. Only one thing left to do is go back and find that piece of brass I used to deliver the final shot. In my nervousness I failed to pick it up as I cycled my rifle dry.

Also I did take a couple claws and had a jeweler on our lease make a pendent out of one of the claws. I gifted to my friend who gave me the rifle, let me hunt his stand that memorable evening, and helped me recover the cat. He wears it to this day under his vest along with his St Michael pendant to keep him safe. If I can find a picture of the pendant I’ll try to add it to the thread.

Jason

No problem, Jason, glad to do it. Be happy to post your pendant picture if you find it.

Regards,
Clarence

Cat mounts are hard to get right it seems, but your taxidermist did a really nice job on that one. Hunt of a lifetime right there.

Back