IR lens sizes

I believe the bigger lense essentially bends or magnified the light so it reaches out farther. Granted I’m no expert but that is my understanding. I’ve been using htrn’s “infinity” ir light and it reaches way out there I believe it is 38mm

If your talking about lens diameter the larger the lens the smaller the LED will be focused and the farther the light will throw throw when driven the same with the same emitter. The issue with a fully focused light is the image cast by the LED will be much smaller than the FOV in your scope. I find this annoying and back my zoom-able light off to fill the FOV of my scope. I ran a 50mm IR last year but switched to a T20 this year. I haven't noticed much if any loss but have yet to compare them side by side.

The pics are gone but this might help you out on how to compare flashlights. I haven't got my hands on enough zoom lights yet to up date this post.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...726#Post2293726

Last edited:
Im about ready to buy a Armasite Vampire and im not sure what IR to go with. I know the HTRN T-20 is good. Anyone have experience with the HTRN T-3875 with 38mm lens?

HTRN just updated my T20 and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't pay $200 for a light but with his upgrade I have $75 into it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Im about ready to buy a Armasite Vampire and im not sure what IR to go with. I know the HTRN T-20 is good. Anyone have experience with the HTRN T-3875 with 38mm lens?

A T20 has the same lens diameter as HTRN-3875. They are Both 38mm.

If you buy the bigger lens you will throw a farther beam but...........read my first post

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Im about ready to buy a Armasite Vampire and im not sure what IR to go with. I know the HTRN T-20 is good. Anyone have experience with the HTRN T-3875 with 38mm lens?

I don't have any experience with the Vampire, but my buddy is using the Nemesis, Gen 2+. He says that my 850nm IRs are too dim for his scope, he prefers a 810nm light. Maybe you should ask Kevin at HTRN what his experience is and what nm he recommends for that scope.

You may be better off buying a t20 on eBay and having htrn concert it to the infinity. He puts a brighter bulb in it than the t20 he sells and a rheostat switch. Ends up being less than the t20 he sells. My buddy sent his to him for the infinity upgrade and it made a huge difference on his nemesis scope. The t20 he had before was from htrn as well.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrOriginally Posted By: Widow maker 223Im about ready to buy a Armasite Vampire and im not sure what IR to go with. I know the HTRN T-20 is good. Anyone have experience with the HTRN T-3875 with 38mm lens?

I don't have any experience with the Vampire, but my buddy is using the Nemesis, Gen 2+. He says that my 850nm IRs are too dim for his scope, he prefers a 810nm light. Maybe you should ask Kevin at HTRN what his experience is and what nm he recommends for that scope.

Any idea what IR emmitter you're running.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...rue#Post3061721

Both my lights have the Osram IR and are plenty bright enough for my Photon.

I'm thinking of going the other way and trying a 940nm IR

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DholsappleYou may be better off buying a t20 on eBay and having htrn concert it to the infinity. He puts a brighter bulb in it than the t20 he sells and a rheostat switch. Ends up being less than the t20 he sells. My buddy sent his to him for the infinity upgrade and it made a huge difference on his nemesis scope. The t20 he had before was from htrn as well.

Might want to check with kevin on the off season, I just did mine a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...rue#Post3061721

Last edited:

Originally Posted By: pmack Both my lights have the Osram IR and are plenty bright enough for my Photon. I'm thinking of going the other way and trying a 940nm IR

I have used a TR-38 with a 940nm pill. It works good with my Photon XT 6.5x. The 850 is a tad brighter but the 940 works plenty good enough.

The problem is finding the right 940 light to start with. I ordered my TR-38 from Ludicrous Lumens in the U.K. I also ordered an EBay T-20 940 and about all it's good for is a desk top paper weight. The TR-38 on the other hand, is a pretty good light.

With the right 940, the Photon will work fine for distances up to 100 yards, closer being better naturally.

Back