Lucky Duck or Shockwave?

goosedowner

I want to get back into calling (coyotes and crows) and my ole jonny Stewart cassette tape caller is long gone so I need a new one. I've kinda narrowed it down to the Lucky Duck Revolt or the Foxpro Shockwave. Looking for opinions on the two of them.

I've never used a lucky duck but my shockwave works pretty well. I like being able to play 2 sounds at once. There are only 2 things I don't like about the shockwave. It is not very loud, and I really dislike the remote. It has a glossy screen that glares in the sun and the brightness always needs to be near 100% to see it. Even so I would buy it again.

Dirty Hippie,

In regards to the brightness on the TX-1000, there are 3 different "themes" located in the back menu. One is a FOXPRO theme, with a black background and orange letters. There is a Night Time theme, which is a black background and red letters, that is preset to have the brightness level at a lower level. And, there is a day theme with a white background and black letters. This theme is the easiest to see during the day. The LED display on the TX1000 also is intended for use in direct sunlight. I've never heard any complaints about the themes, that is why I am responding to be sure that you were aware of the different themes. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I have a Shockwave but have never used the Lucky Duck.

I love the directional sound that the Shockwave affords you. I also like the tweeters in the Shockwave. It adds an entirely different sound profile to the caller. I LOVE FoxFusion and use it on virtually every stand. The CS24C is louder because 2 speakers are drawing amperage from 10 batteries instead of a single speaker. I prefer the directional sound to volume. Coyotes hear pretty good from what I understand
wink.gif
I'll be sticking with the Shockwave for the foreseeable future.

The Lucky Duck Revolt is the new model from what I understand. They swapped out the camera for the tweeter. It makes sence, better sound over video. I believe you can now play multiple sounds from the Revolt too. There is a loyal following for the LD line of products.

I prefer FOXPro and the bells and whistles that come with the TX-1000 remote. FOXCAST, FOXFUSION, FOXBANG... I can go on and on.... Not to mention you also have the ability to change the TONE of every sound with the TX-1000. you can pitch up or down to essentially create unlimited sounds from the original sound list.

MY $.02

Carlos

Hey FoxPro/Mike Dillon

Thanks for the tip on the daytime screen. I was not aware of that feature and it will make a difference for me as I kind of had the trouble as DH. Appreciate your input.

I been around my cousins lucky duck and he has already lost the toppers ,the battery cover and the tri pod,it is cheaply made IMO... The camera is useless if there is any bit of vegetation over a foot high.. It is screaming loud though.. It is not even 2 months old and he just ordered and received his new shockwave skulls and bones a week ago.. I had other brands of caller and now am an official FP customer... They work and are very well made... Dan

I'm trying my darndest to sell my two FoxPro's to get a Shockwave. I have a Firestorm and Fury 2, which are great calls in themselves. But my brother's Shockwave is just that much better.

I contacted FoxPro awhile back about trading my calls in (having them refurbished and sold by FoxPro) and getting a discount on a Shockwave. I was told that was a no-go as they don't have a trade-in program. Shucks! I'd even take a big loss on my two calls if they had something like that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FOXPRODirty Hippie,

In regards to the brightness on the TX-1000, there are 3 different "themes" located in the back menu. One is a FOXPRO theme, with a black background and orange letters. There is a Night Time theme, which is a black background and red letters, that is preset to have the brightness level at a lower level. And, there is a day theme with a white background and black letters. This theme is the easiest to see during the day. The LED display on the TX1000 also is intended for use in direct sunlight. I've never heard any complaints about the themes, that is why I am responding to be sure that you were aware of the different themes. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I was not aware of the different brightness themes either. It does make a huge difference in the screen visability.
Thanks for the info Mike!
DH

I have both. The lucky dog remote is lacking. Not very user friendly in my mind. Rick has upgreaded the remoter but I haven't seen the upgrades. Sounds are great. That being said, my goto caller is my shockwave. extremely reliable combine multiple sounds at once. Durable etc great customer support. just my .02

Originally Posted By: cedarcreekcoonerAll predator calls .com has refurbished shockwaves for 375 or something right now

Yep. But I need to sell my Firestorm first.

Originally Posted By: FOXPRODirty Hippie,

Regards,

Mike Dillon
This is a good example of the great customer support you can expect from FoxPro! I'd go with the FoxPro.

Quote: The Lucky Duck Revolt is the new model from what I understand. They swapped out the camera for the tweeter. It makes sence, better sound over video. I believe you can now play multiple sounds from the Revolt too. The Revolt can NOT play multiple sounds, but what it can do is use one remote and play different sounds on up to 4 different Revolts at one time.
The upgraded remote is much more user friendly and of course the sounds are to die for, ask all the coyotes I've already killed over mine and they'd all concur.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: songdog Quote: The Lucky Duck Revolt is the new model from what I understand. They swapped out the camera for the tweeter. It makes sence, better sound over video. I believe you can now play multiple sounds from the Revolt too. The Revolt can NOT play multiple sounds, but what it can do is use one remote and play different sounds on up to 4 different Revolts at one time.
The upgraded remote is much more user friendly and of course the sounds are to die for, ask all the coyotes I've already killed over mine and they'd all concur.
thumbup.gif

songdog,

Can you please highlight what the new upgrades on the remote are? Maybe even post a close up picture, if you don't mind. I am in the market for a new caller and am torn between the new IcoTec Outlaw that will be coming out and the Lucky Duck Revolt. I think they both will be loud as all get out, which is what I need in the wind at times here in South Dakota. I am thinking it will come down to the one with the most user friendly remote. Thanks in advance!

Back