Fox Pro firestorm issues?

zr600

Ok I tried to use my firestorm today’s first time for the season and my rechargeable foxpro batteries were dead so I grabbed some new aas put them in turned it on in the garage and it worked. SO I headed outback calling I get out and now it won’t turn on. I get home take the decoy off take out the batteries tested voltage they were at 1.38 or so. Then I noticed the springs on the positive side were looking short and some how everything got hot and the plastic on the back side was melted and one spring wasn’t discolored from heat. Anyone every run into this Ken have a problem like this?

I had my batteries heat up in my firestorm and not work once. Different issue though, I pinched the wire for the decoy when I put the backing plate back on. Bought a new battery holder from foxpro, made sure my cords inside all the time now and haven't had any issues since.

zr600,

If you haven't done so already I would give the guys in the Service Department a phone call. They can do some troubleshooting with you and figure out what is going on. Our phone number is 717-248-2507 option # 2 for Service.

Back