New Ruger American 223 Standard rifle

Ramjet

Well picked one of these up on sale two weeks ago. It is a distributor exclusive model and has the camo stock with threaded barrel. Haven't shot it but it looks kool.

The Ruger Americans are quite a deal for the money... my daughter has one in 6 Creedmoor that is a great shooter

The Ruger Part number is 16921 . I don't know which distributor bought them . I bought mine at Attwoods in Magnolia Arkansas. I found it listed under the distributor specials on the Ruger site.

Its kool and will fit right into my 223 colection:
CZ527
Remington 799
H&R Handy rifle

thanks & good catch
cool.gif

Actually i was not out looking for a new gun but I got rid of my AR which had a faster twist than by other 223's and I really like the 65gr Sierra game king for pigs. It wouldn't shoot out of my 799 or 527 so i made an impulse buy when I saw this Ruger with a 1 in 8 for a good price.

Originally Posted By: RamjetActually i was not out looking for a new gun but I got rid of my AR which had a faster twist than by other 223's and I really like the 65gr Sierra game king for pigs. It wouldn't shoot out of my 799 or 527 so i made an impulse buy when I saw this Ruger with a 1 in 8 for a good price.

Not to change the subject but you might want to try Barnes's 70 grain TSX in that CZ. My 9 twist 527 Carbine wouldn't shoot any of the 65/68 grainers I tried but loves the Barnes 70's. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a Pig with one.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101654...-free-box-of-20

Judging by my buddy's Ruger American in 223 I'm pretty sure your new rifle will be a keeper. He loads lighter bullets for Gofers but I'll bet you can find a load for those SGK's too.

Have fun.

Last edited:
I own a Ruger American in .223 and like it a lot. I also own the Ruger American Rimfire with threaded barrel and 2 Ruger American Predators in .260 rem. Very nice guns for the money and accurate also.

Back