Pulling 45ACP Lead Semi Wadcutters

hm1996

Staff member
I was given several hundred 45ACP 200gr SWC loaded by ???? I do not wish to shoot them for obvious reasons and was wondering if anyone had successfully pulled this bullet w/a collet puller?

I've pulled a number using side cutters and some using wire strippers but think the collet puller would be less strain on my arthritis if the collet would get a grip. Already tried a .308 on the tapered point and it worked for several bullets, then started slipping. Guess it built up a very thin lead coat or something??

I doubt the collet will catch the .1" or so of exposed bullet, but thought I'd ask. Probably end up back w/wire strippers.

Regards,
hm

have you tried an inertia puller? if they're not crimped too badly, they might come out with just a good firm whack or three.

These have a pretty heavy crimp, Plant; don't think that would do it. I was surprised the .30 caught on the tapered point, but it started slipping after several pulls.

Actually, the wire stripper works pretty well, just my hand doesn't hold up for more than a box at a time. Bullets are not even damaged beyond use.

Regards,
hm

Back