Hog Sounds

daddyflea

Anybody know of a Source other than Convergence Game Calls or Foxpro for some Hog Sounds. Convergence is working very hard to keep their Sounds off Foxpro callers and Foxpro does not have effective sounds for Hogs. I have a CS24 that I am trying to get some good Hog calling sounds on. So far the best sounds for Hogs is the Foxpro rabbit sounds. I have all the Foxpro sounds for Hogs and they will bring in Coyotes but not Hogs. anybody that can help?

OK, I will tell you what I have been having some success with. I have been using a couple of Old Johnny Stewart Units, they each have Hog Sounds and Rabbit Distress as well as Coyote Sounds. I have been mixing the Sow in Heat Sounds with the Hog(Pig) in Distress Sounds. Some times I mix the Rabbit in Distress with the Hog(Pig) in Distress. I mix the Sounds until I find what they want.

I only Call when I know for sure that Hogs are in the area, myself and my Hunting Partner have killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 using the Callers. They have ranged in size from 50 to 300 pounds. If the Storm that is headed our way does not mess us up this week-end we hope to take several from some late Corn Fields that were planted behind Water Melons. We took two Young Boars(125lbs each) from one of the fields last week using the Sow in Heat and Pig in Distress Sounds. These were the only ones that came to the Caller out of 9 to 10 that we saw in the edge of the Field. We could not get shots at them because of High Grass at the end of the Field where they were coming out of the Swamp.

Calling is about 40 per-cent of our Hunting, and we are successful about 25 to 40 per-cent of the time.

Originally Posted By: TheOldMan1OK, I will tell you what I have been having some success with. I have been using a couple of Old Johnny Stewart Units, they each have Hog Sounds and Rabbit Distress as well as Coyote Sounds. I have been mixing the Sow in Heat Sounds with the Hog(Pig) in Distress Sounds. Some times I mix the Rabbit in Distress with the Hog(Pig) in Distress. I mix the Sounds until I find what they want.

I only Call when I know for sure that Hogs are in the area, myself and my Hunting Partner have killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 using the Callers. They have ranged in size from 50 to 300 pounds. If the Storm that is headed our way does not mess us up this week-end we hope to take several from some late Corn Fields that were planted behind Water Melons. We took two Young Boars(125lbs each) from one of the fields last week using the Sow in Heat and Pig in Distress Sounds. These were the only ones that came to the Caller out of 9 to 10 that we saw in the edge of the Field. We could not get shots at them because of High Grass at the end of the Field where they were coming out of the Swamp.

Calling is about 40 per-cent of our Hunting, and we are successful about 25 to 40 per-cent of the time.

Thanks I have not found anything near that consistant.

TheOldMan - How far away, would you say, that you are setting up on the hogs you are calling in? I have had success one time, here in TX, and I have been unsuccessful twice (both times, I could see the sounder of hogs). The time that we did call one up, I would bet that we were easily w/in 100 yards of the hogs. The 2 unsuccessful times we tried, we were at least 300 yards from the hogs. So, in my simple mind, I am concluding that PROXIMITY plays a huge role into whether or not they can be called in. Thoughts ??? I appreciate any input---Good Huntin'

Most of the time we are within 50 to 150 yards, and can see them. We have found that to be the best distance, we have only been successful a couple of time when the Hogs were over a 150 to 200 yards away. The further away they are the less interested they are in the calling. I hope this helps.

I bought a Grunt Tube and I think this will work mainly because Hogs are curious. Best use I can see is when the Hog is very close and on someone else property. This tube is not loud at all. Otherwise just speak up and shoot them. Day or Night really does not matter.

Back