Avoid SLR Rifleworks adjustable gas blocks and handguards

I know this is not what your asking, but to me and my shooting buddy's, Diamondhead VRS-T-556 is the smallest best feeling hand guard I've ever felt. Everyone that feels it falls it love with it and very easy to install. Downside, just a touch heavy.

Jim D

I'd rather have heavy and accurate, than lighter and not. Based on some of the replies I've gotten, I realize there are a lot of good hand guards out there. I like a slimmer hand guard as I am a small person, but did not buy the ones I did only because they were slim. I just did not need a quad railed hand guard. By virtue of going with just a top rail, it was slimmer. I knew the guns would be run suppressed, wanted the ability to regulate the gas with an adjustable gas block, and their hand guard had a key way in it for their gas block. Another thing I don't like is, the barrel nut. It is aluminum, and the max torque value for it is 35 ft/lbs. Some have noted hand guards with titanium barrel nuts that you can torque to 65 ft/lbs.
I appreciate your, and all the other suggestions, so I can make a better choice for my next build.

With the proper wrench Ritch has no issues going over fifty pounds on aluminum nuts. . All he uses on mine are aluminum and so far so good. The Youngs are just right for me with my tiny hands.

Greg

Back