2017 SD Prairie Elk

That's a heck of an elk! Congrats. Tha herd sure has come along nicely past couple of decades. State or Res?

That’s a bruiser!!
thumbup1.gif

Would be nice to use a rifle this early in the year. I have a muzzleloader bull tag in 2 weeks. Would LOVE to get something like that. But it's tough for me to hold out.

I have seen many oddities with elk like a cow with horns, a bull with a horn on the forehead, albino's, but have never seen or heard of double ivories before.
Good score!

Originally Posted By: crapshootWould be nice to use a rifle this early in the year. I have a muzzleloader bull tag in 2 weeks. Would LOVE to get something like that. But it's tough for me to hold out.

I could of shot this guy twice at 15yds on film with my Alphamax, easily, but I didn't... For some reason I though it would be to easy, so I let him walk.

This is not the bull I'm looking for. Had him @ 15 yds with my little guy Rush on the camera eggin me on to send the arrow... shot was easy enough, had a full draw on him twice. Great experience, now in search of the big guy. www.oneillops.com #majorleaguecoyotehunter #predatorhuntingsuppressed #elk #buglethemin #elkhunting A post shared by James O'Neill (@oneillops) on Sep 21, 2017 at 7:48pm PDT

Back