Thermal units for $3,000????

Galen

I would like to hear some recommendations for a thermal scope in the price range of $3,000 plus or minus a bit..

Would love to be able to take shots up to 200 yards
Good battery life would be a benefit

I have my eye on one of the pulsar trail units
what does everyone think of these units??

Thanks in advance!

Pulsar xq38 TRAIL with out a doubt! I Just got the xq38 apex (same thing minus the battery packs and internal dvr)... I couldn't be happier I couldnt imagine what a 640 unit looks like with the 384 being this good! Reading some of the posts on here made me hold of going to a thermal scope 6 months ago... The were a lot of guys saying how difficult it was to ID with thermal and even some die hard NV guys that flat out shame thermal shooters for being unethical blah blah blah... I have ZERO problem with ID at 200 yards... If they are on the move you can tell what your looking at MUCH further than that...

I personally own the Pulsar Trail XQ38 and love it. I have taken shots up to 200 yards and the PIP function helps with this. Battery life is great, plus they support an external charge if necessary, and you can buy a replacement/spare battery as well at a reasonable price if needed. I would buy this scope again without hesitation. Having adjustable diopter, focus, brightness, and contrast controls allow you to really dial the scope in for different conditions.

The only minor issues is with the current firmware, audio recording is still not available. In addition, having colored reticle options would be helpful. White hot and black hot are fine as the basic background shades, but colored reticle choices would be great for contrast against the backgrounds. These issues are both minor things. The OLED screen is nice as well.

I also own a Helion XP38 for a monocular. I like the XP line (Helion) for monocular, and the XQ for the scope due to the base magnifications and the FOV of these different units for my style of hunting and in my terrain. Feel free to PM me any specific questions. Also, many of the fine NV sponsors on this site could also help.

I would also recommend the Pulsar Trail XQ38 or Trail XQ30. The biggest difference between the two being the XQ30 is a fixed focus while the XQ38 is adjustable. Both are great units. Pulsars 384x288 resolution 17 micron core is impressive. I thought the older Apex with 21 micron core was impressive. The Trails are far superior to the older Apex. Call us for pricing not yet listed on our website. We're running a Pulsar approved sale next week!

Hunt using the older Apex with older 21 micron core. Again the XQ Trails with the 17 micron core have even better resolution and more state-of-the-art features.

Back