Pulsar XQ23V

crazyyote

I purchased this unit recently. All I can say is phenomenal!!!!!! Nothing will elude you. The resolution is amazing. First responder??? Call Pulsar..... ask them for pricing. Incredible unit for the $$$

Well, here we are at the end of November. I haven't hunted a lot, but I'm very happy so far. The Pulsar is great, and the D-740 is extremely good as well. I've went 7 of 8 so far this year. Missed one tonight, a chip shot, I'm not sure why. Oh well, coyote fever I guess. Thanks to all who share their experience with the high tech toys. This stuff really does change the game for the better. If you wonder if it's worth it, yes it is. Just use the knowledge and experience of the members and sponsor's here tailored to how you hunt and you'll be amazed. Happy turkey day to all and hope you get a coyote this holiday season!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyyotePulsar,
Only because of first responder pricing. The sponsors here are great as well. I've used them too for other items.

Just a FYI, both NGI and TNVC give LE, FD, and Mil discounts.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: sjansHey Dozer,

Did you get your 23v yet? thinking about one to compliment my trail xq50.

Yes I did get it. I am in the middle of moving to a different house so I have not had a chance to hunt with it.

Pulsar is having a 20% promotional sale for certain items at AMAZON. Just picked up the xq23v for $1365.30 + $109.22 (grumble) tax - Total $1474.52. Missed 1 on ebay black friday in the $1440's and 1 on Gunbroker for $1470's - so thought I better not let this 1 get away. Be delivered Tues just in time for after deer season.

Just passing this on for anyone else considering Pulsar Products. Not every item is on sale but a bunch are - good luck if anyone checks - hope they have what you are looking for!

Gunbroker has an xq23v on bid for mid 1500' - everything else i have found since black friday has been around $1700 for this model until I popped on Amazon this AM and took 5 hours to decide if I was going to pull the trigger.

Would like to hear comments from users regarding field use of the xq23v

thanks
KEC

Last edited:
I really like mine. It's my first after a lot of reading here and talking with a couple of sponsors. I scan with the Pulsar and shoot with a Night Optics D-740 I purchased from Night Goggles. I need to know a fox from a coyote here in the East. Season on fox, not coyotes plus I give the reds a pass. Not as high tech as some members here but I'm very impressed thus far and wish I had purchased this type of technology a couple of years ago. Certainly improves the success rate.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteI really like mine. It's my first after a lot of reading here and talking with a couple of sponsors. I scan with the Pulsar and shoot with a Night Optics D-740 I purchased from Night Goggles. I need to know a fox from a coyote here in the East. Season on fox, not coyotes plus I give the reds a pass. Not as high tech as some members here but I'm very impressed thus far and wish I had purchased this type of technology a couple of years ago. Certainly improves the success rate.

SWEET! Sounds like you are ready to rock with thermal and gen 3. Not sure I'll ever get to gen 3 lol but looking at gen 2+ scopes for next season maybe. Using a photon xt now with an IR sniperhawg light (turned down low). Considering some old school optics like the an/psv-4 or m845 but also considering some new stuff ie thor 384 scopes or the armasight nemesis. I'm sure prices and quality will only get better by the time I'm ready.

Kec,
Mine is the D-740 Gen 2+. I use a Sniper Hog light 50 series light with the IR module. It is bad azzz to my eyes. I also know there is better out there. I scored 3 dogs tonight, with a double. The female was taken on the run (slow) at about 50 yards offhand. The jogging offhand thing is a first for me. I was quite impressed with myself. It was also my first 3 dog night. I muffed another this year but got 2. It's amazing to watch them react to the caller/hand calls while you are passive in the light department. It really is amazing technology. To those on the fence, save your money and do it. Fascinating to see.. and I have nowhere near the level of expertise of most of the members here.

Back