Came Through....

Predator257Roy

I'm loving it in Florida! Fishing one day and hog hunting the next. My neighbor that allows me to hunt his 110 acres asked me to get him a hog to cook for his birthday this week. I told Him I'd see what I could do and try to hunt one up.
On my way to a pond I spotted fresh tracks in a game trail and followed them. The trail led to an old phosphate mining hole. I've been there before and knew the hogs visited the water holes at the bottom of it. Upon arriving at the hole, I heard pigs, grunting, squeezing and making a ruckus. First shot through a fogged up scope must have been a miss. Scope was fogged up from all the humidity, not sure,, but head shots usually have the animal drop. No animal, no blood, no pig equals a miss I guess. Plus I never heard impact of bullet since I use a suppressor on my AR-15. Anyways...... after my first miss, I snuck further into the thick towards the sounds that the hogs were making. They didn't go 100 yards before chilling out. I snuck within 50 yards and was watching a group of about twelve. Two or three of the black hogs had to be 400+ pounds. This red boar got up and came to investigate. I shot him at maximum of 20 yards. With a moan he dropped immediately, the others ran off. Being that close to hogs and some very large ones at that, gets the adrenaline pumping. Hot temps and pulling this sucker out of the woods gets the heart pumping for sure. Needs to cool down some. I was soaked. What made it all the sweeter for him is that he shot this one with a bow a year ago, never penetrated the shield, but left a nice scar. He got his pig and his revenge for his birthday.
Happy Birthday Nick, Glad I could come through for ya!

36990612224_2048f4881b_c.jpg

23770618278_62bd5a9926_c.jpg

Glad you're getting out a bit....the barn will be there later. Ya need a break now and then.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Back