Considering an Omega 300 to share between 223 and 300blk AR's. Anything better?

wahoowad

I want to add a centerfire silencer to the home armory, with primary usage to be used on both my 223 and 300BLK AR's where I am mostly shooting steel.

I may also eventually get one my groundhog guns (Savage Model 16) threaded or buy a replacement threaded barrel and use it on that too for groundhog hunting.

Saw a guy at my range shooting his with a SilencerCo Omega 300 and he recommended it. I get a little discount with the SPEQ program that puts it around the 800 mark. Looks like a versatile can from a good company.

Is there a competing can you would recommend instead? If so, explain why in noob speak please
blush.gif

I have an Omega and love it. Good suppression for it's size and very modular. I swap between brake mounted QD on my .223 SBR to 1/2x28 direct thread on my 18" .223 and sporter barrels to 5/8x24 direct thread on my larger calibers/barrel contours. I use it on everything from .223 to 7 Rem mag. There may be quieter (longer), but I think you will be very happy with it's performance.

You won't find a better company,and the omega works great three of our group has an omega it works best when direct mounted on all our rifles from 200wm. To 17 rem.

If you plan on shooting it with anything larger than .30 cal I would reccomend the Hybrid, I have one and absolutely love it. I regularly switch from my .300 WM to my AR to my .45 pistol and it works great. While it is a bit heavy for a pistol it still works just fine and I doubt I'll shoot my .300 WM again without it.

For mounting I have the direct thread for the .300, ASR brake for the AR and the piston mount for the pistol. The only problem I ever ran into was shooting 500 rounds through the the can on my .300 without removing the direct thread connection. This lead to some pretty good build up and it took a bit of persuasion to break free when I went to switch from direct thread to the ASR mount. However on the other one I switch it regularly and have never had that issue.

I have a "Specwar" I run it on
300acc 10.5 and 16in
6,8 specII
243win
308win

On my AR's I do not use a adjustable gas block.

Omega is a good can from a great company. I own a Recce 7 and am impressed with the performance and mount but after shooting a couple of my friend's SCARS with the Dead Air Sandman-S it has now become THE .30 cal can I will recommend.

The Omega will have great muzzle dB ratings but on gas guns it's all about back pressure and port noise and Dead Air's design is as good as it gets, also, the mount is probably the best on the market

I really like the Omega cans that I have. I used them on 223 thru the 300 blk in AR platform, bolt guns and single shot platforms and they work great. I typically thread the suppressor on the barrels but I like the convenience of muzzle brake and flash hide with the adapter.

Back