Looking for couple sleds

dan158

What are some inexpensive but reliable sleds?? Need some advice and this is the forum I think I can get it from.. Thank you.. Dan

If you want a trusty sled Polaris Indy's are a dime a dozen and belts are pretty cheap. You can find one that runs good for around a grand.

Thank you and I will check them out.. How about zr 550 and 600?? They any good?? Here in PA we have had about 2 weeks out of year to ride sleds.. It would snow inches and be gone in 3 days.. But this year I think it will last a while.. Dan

I've never been a fan of Arctic Cat sleds. They don't hold up as well and getting belts is tougher and more spendy than the Polaris. You'll blow a belt sooner or later (sooner) so I would go for the cheaper option, but some people are fans. The ZR's aren't really much different besides being less common. Both sleds are made about two hours from me so either way you're buying Minnesotan. And for two weeks a year you won't put much on them for wear. I've got a 94 Indy 500 that still kicks and I've only replaced the belt a couple times.

I took a 87 Polaris 450 or something like that last year out of a guys barn, paid $50. Hadn't been started since early 2000s and was a mouse hotel. Tore out everything, pressure washed it, cleaned the carb and tanks, hooked it all up and with a couple little caps from ebay for the carb she ran! It was amazing. Sold her for $500 after riding it for a couple weeks. Those old Polaris sleds are awesome.

Agreed about the Polaris sleds, I've got an Indy 500 that I bought new in 1994 and still runs like a top. I've seen a number of these older sleds for sale in the $1200 to $1550 range on Craigs List

Back