Game cart options

I own 2 game totes, have used them a lot. You might even be able to figure out which of my testimonials is on the game tote website.

They really work well. I ditched my cabela's cart after I had to replace the wheels a 3rd time. What a piece of junk it was when battling sagebrush.

The game tote is bullet proof. I have had multiple elk on it and hauled them out from very deep in the woods.

It does require 2 guys to handle an elk. However one guy can get a deer or antelope out by himself with it.

Buy with confidence, it is robust. I have had my original game tote for more than a decade, and never had any issues with it. I added a second game tote to have anytime my hunting group hunts in 2 spots. Both trucks have one in them at all times.

Make sure you lock it with a chain and robust lock- especially on public land.

Ask me how I know. Thank goodness it was locked up.

So I decided on a Hawk Crawler, thinking it was the best compromise of performance and cost. I was a little disappointed. Both Hawk and the retailer from which I bought the cart clearly state that the tires are foam-filled, flat-free tires. Not true. The tires are relatively lightweight tube-type tires with a bit of Slime added. Completely inadequate for the desert in which I often hunt. No way those things would stand up to mesquite, creosote, and cactus. So, back to drawing board. I may have to just suck it up and buy the Game Tote.

One solution would be to utilize a local friend with an ATV, when applicable. Of course, that would mean you have to hang out with said friend more often, which could be less than pleasant.

Originally Posted By: quackaddictOne solution would be to utilize a local friend with an ATV, when applicable. Of course, that would mean you have to hang out with said friend more often, which could be less than pleasant.

That does have some appeal, despite his unpleasant nature.
grin.gif

Of course, several of the recent animals we've taken have been in areas where an ATV either wouldn't be able to reach or couldn't legally be taken.

I'm really thinking the Game Tote is in my future.

After a bit of back and forth, and pictures proving that the tires didn't match advertising, Rogers Sporting Goods gladly took the unit back and even paid for return shipping. Decent outfit to do business with.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerLance likes to haul and tenderize his meat all at once.
smile.gif

Best part was, it wasn't mine.
lol.gif

After much deliberation, I bit the bullet and ordered a Gametote. We popped its cherry on the kids' recent elk hunt. So far I'm pleased with it. With any luck, I'll be able to provide a much better review after my nieces hunt elk over Thanksgiving and my older two kids hunt oryx in January.

Back