Do the same weight bullts shoot pretty much the same?

cmatera

Been testing a new .264 LBC (6.5 grendel clone). Bought 4 boxes Hornady 123 SST bullets. Ran out, called my LGS he now only has Hornady 123 VLD-M. Do the same weight bullets shoot to near the same POI?

The Hornady ammo is getting confusing. They have 123 Amax, 123 SST, 123VLD-M, and 123 VLD-X. Which are suitable for what?

The 123 vldm is a replacement for the amax I’m guessing, the sst is a hunting bullet, and the vldx I beleive would be a hunting bullet also. Check out there website and see what they have them bullets listed as.

cmatere, Not trying to be a know it all but they are called ELD M and ELD X. Same thing as VLD( Very Low Drag) verses
(ELD) Extreme Low Drag. Same thing to me ,different name by different companies. Berger is VLD Hornady ELD M = Match
ELD X = Hunting. Haven't run up on the X bullet yet but have shot the SST and the ELD M. Nosler has the RDF Reduced Drag Factor. Different marketing B.S. I've got the .264 LBC and it shoots the ELD M Great. Shot the SST fairly good. My understanding is the ELD X is a match grade hunting bullet. The AMAX has been discontinued and the ELD M replaced it. They can charge more money for a tip that doesn't melt . More Marketing.....

I once had a friend that loaded different brands of ammo in the same weight, in his rifle to hunt. Tried to tell him it was a bad idea. Until I convinced him to shoot them on paper, he thought I was crazy. Different bullets of the same weight will shoot different. Some more than others.

123 amax is discontinued and old stock if you are finding it. 123 sst and eldm are what will be available now, try them and see you might get lucky at hunting ranges and be able to shoot either.

Back