FLIR LS-XR Scout II Review

That still doesn't answer my question. I am in contact with several FLIR reps to try to get to bottom of this. Clearly the LS-XR has better firmware. LS64 also has laser. I find it very odd they don't have any firmware support or anything on their website regarding LS64. They are almost embarrassed of it.

I gave up on this, sold my LS64 which is clearly not supported. New question, got another RS64 to use as handheld/scope and the new firmware on scope that shipped is 2.00.03. I connected their software update tool and it said everything "up to date" but that was based on old firmware files in the software package. Now it updated the "EVF brightness" and I couldn't see the screen at all. So I connected an external display and was able to adjust brigthness back to max, which appears to be a bug as the min is black and you can't see, and that's at "octet" 5 or 6, the top one. So it's buggy there.

How do I get the latest software on my other scope, and how do I report this bug to FLIR? Their customer support is very poor and clearly disorganized firmware/software on their site. I was not able to get a hold of their main contact there that is in charge of all this. Amazing this company or division stays in business.

Thx

These threads are old. There is no public FLIR firmware update software available without contacting them. I have them researching it. They said ITAR made them remove it from the website. My current flir ls xr looks just like ls64 did. I think it has older firmware or something. No graded fire either.

These threads are old. There is no public FLIR firmware update software available without contacting them. I have them researching it. They said ITAR made them remove it from the website. My current flir ls xr looks just like ls64 did. I think it has older firmware or something. No graded fire either.

EDIT: I have 4.04.64 and was told this was the latest version. There is no graded fire on it like you said in another post?? They don't come on the LS XR to my knowledge.

Getting firmware or software from FLIR is like pulling teeth. They don't have anything on their website anymore and I'm trying to get their latest end user software gui to change camera settings at least. My current software gave an error code when I connected the LS xr to it?

Last edited:
All four of mine have Graded Fire and work fantastic, they have been used daily for the last four years without any problems.

Well which firmware do you have? I have 4.04.64 and FLIR said that is the latest. I asked them about this and they supposedly contacted engineer. I don't know why they have great customer service as I haven't had much luck with them...

Well which firmware do you have? I have 4.04.64 and FLIR said that is the latest. I asked them about this and they supposedly contacted engineer. I don't know why they have great customer service as I haven't had much luck with them...

Redundant post please delete. It won't let me...

Last edited:
The version on all of mine is LSXR 03.43.64dfu.

I have no idea where you can get the End User Tool or the updates since FLIR was forced to remove all that due to ITAR regulations.

Back