**6x6.8 Hornady FL die set group buy**

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorI'm not sure if it still can be or not. If people get in touch with me lickity split I can check.

You never can tell unless you ask.

Greg

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Turkey day is near! Any update?

The last info I have is the reamers were supposedly being shipped to Hornady on Oct 22nd.

I left Hornady a message on Wed or Thursday this week and have not heard back yet. I should be getting a phone call on Mon.

As much as it pains me to say it, due to the reamers taking so long I am doubtful Hornady will be able to deliver on time. I hope to have more info when Hornady calls back.

I agree with Greg, I appreciate your time and effort. No rush for me, just thinking about next year.
Have a good Thanksgiving.

Thanks guys but everyone who ordered a set deserves equal credit. If no one was willing to buy the dies and wait for delivery we wouldn't be getting them at all so thanks for being patient!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorThanks guys but everyone who ordered a set deserves equal credit. If no one was willing to buy the dies and wait for delivery we wouldn't be getting them at all so thanks for being patient!
thumbup.gif

That's true but much as I like the company I got my first set from guys have been waiting a year there. (I also have a 243 LBC order in there)

You made it HAPPEN!!
thumbup.gif

Greg

I am thinking about doing another run in a different cartridge. Maybe 243lbc, 22lbc, 22x6.8......maybe something else.

Maybe I should setup a poll thread and guage interest
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorI am thinking about doing another run in a different cartridge. Maybe 243lbc, 22lbc, 22x6.8......maybe something else.

confused.gif

IMO the 243LBC would be good. I suspect the 22X6.8 would be a two die set but if you have the 6X6.8 you already would have the extra one..LOL

22 LBC is not that prevalent in the wild but it is a good one. I need to fire mine up against the Nosler and see how it flys. With the new Young bolts I will push it a tad more. I have a 20 LBC I'll be trying on my next range trip BTW.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorI am thinking about doing another run in a different cartridge. Maybe 243lbc, 22lbc, 22x6.8......maybe something else.

confused.gif

IMO the 243LBC would be good. I suspect the 22X6.8 would be a two die set but if you have the 6X6.8 you already would have the extra one..LOL

22 LBC is not that prevalent in the wild but it is a good one. I need to fire mine up against the Nosler and see how it flys. With the new Young bolts I will push it a tad more. I have a 20 LBC I'll be trying on my next range trip BTW.

Greg

According to the die maker, the 22x6.8 will size down in one step. I've been thinking about this for a minute or two...
lol.gif
my problem with it right now is federals new round. Just depends on how many folks want to head down that rabbit hole instead.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorI am thinking about doing another run in a different cartridge. Maybe 243lbc, 22lbc, 22x6.8......maybe something else.

confused.gif

Greg

According to the die maker, the 22x6.8 will size down in one step. I've been thinking about this for a minute or two...
lol.gif
my problem with it right now is federals new round. Just depends on how many folks want to head down that rabbit hole instead.

Well they're the experts. so.......... they go from 223 to 17 so it is probably doable.

The V. rabbit hole only adds some 90 grain bullet advantage. For most of the stuff we shoot there is no substitute for capacity and they have lost a ton. I'll buy one just because but neither it nor the 22 Nosler will ever replace my 22X6.8.

Greg

Any idea if it is possible to add to the order? I know one idividual who may or may not be interested, but if I recall there was another member who inquired about this.

Last edited:
Back