Red LED light Truck and Head Lamp Suggestions

vetman1

I need a red led light bar to mount on my truck so that I can drive at night. On secluded private roads. I have two red led pod lights on my golf cart, but I have not been able to find them again to buy. I just want to make sure the red Led light is bright enough to see maybe 75 to 100 yards in front of my truck.

Secondly, I need a red Led flood head lamp for me to wear. I can only find one that is a spot beam and that is not great for walking at night. The only flood beam head lamps I found also have a white light that you have to go through before you can turn on or turn off the red colored light.

I can't help you with the LED light bar for your truck, but for a headlamp I can recommend a couple of choices based on my personal experience.

The most versatile one that I own is the Night Eyes dual beam light. You can choose either the white or red lamp depending on which one that you need at the time. It has two modes, you set the intensity that you want for each mode. It uses one 18650 battery. It is a nice compact light.

The other one that I own is the Wicked Scan Pro. It has three pre-set intensity modes and it has an adjustable zoom from flood to spot. It is brighter than the Night Eyes, but it is larger and uses two 18650 batteries.

Both of these lights are nice and will do what you want to do. I almost always use the Night Eyes because of the option to have a white task light. For whatever reason I lose some depth perception with a red light and it is easier for me to work on things with the white light.

Back