An Awesome bobcat opener

Switch

For the last few years I've been trying to get my buddy, Jose his first bobcat. We came close last year, but we couldn't close the deal.

This weekend we headed out to once again hunt the opener. Using the Dan Thompson PS-3 call we started getting some interested animals pretty quickly. After missing a hard charging coyote, we found some good looking cat habitat and I started calling. About ten minutes in I started smelling melting plastic. I turned off the light and we poked around to find the wiring problem on the light. I switched the light back on and found a set eyes coming in quickly instantly.

Jose moved in line with the light and got on the critter. By the way it was moving, I was pretty sure it was a bobcat. I kept the cat moving in, but Jose made some noise and the cat stopped at 110-yards. He didn't need to get any closer. Jose dropped him there with the CZ 204. it was a nicely spotted male of about 18-20 pounds.

Jose's First Bobcat
1822.jpg

The Dan Thompson PS-3 Slays another one.
1823.jpg

Big Feet
1824.jpg

We took a bunch of photos and tagged the cat and kept calling. I jumped on the rifle and Jose manned the light. On the very next stand, after the second series of calling, Jose spotted eyes behind a small group of boulders. I couldn't see the animal until it popped up on a rock 120-yards out. I had a steady rest and dropped the cat there with a 55 gr .223 out of the AR 15 I recently built. The cat was an older female about 19-pounds.

My first bobcat with the new AR
1827.jpg

Two cats on back to back stands.
1826.jpg

A great bobcat opener for sure.
1825.jpg

1689.gif

Back