Corroded batteries

Acronin

I'm in desperate need of a new e-caller. My beginner call was a primos Turbo Dogg and it has served me well. The remote is great to operate with a great display, it pretty much has to be in the same line of sight as the caller to work, which isn't a huge deal, but did pose some issues with me having to move more than I wanted to get the call tomstopmor increase the volume.

The batteries got pretty corroded. I cleaned it out and it worked fine, but now my call is really starting to break up. Last year I noticed it when I got to 1/2 volume. I took it out to try last weekend and now I can't hardly get to 1/4 volume.

When looking at a new call I don't want this to happen. A buddy of mine has the Alpha Dogg, but he said he had the same battery corrosion issue. Is this something all e-callers do?

My budget is $200, but if I could find a banshee for a little more I'll probably go that route. Any recommendations?? I've heard the patriot, but I didn't know if that was an upgrade from the turbo Dogg or not.

Thanks...

The remote on my Fury corroded, and Foxpro put in new terminals for cheap. I don't know if that's an option on the Primos or not.

I'm pretty careful now with getting the batteries out if it's going to sit long. I don't know if it happens with the rechargeables or just alkaline either.

Without a doubt I will look into that and I'll be the first one to admit I didn't take the batteries out when I needed.

Back