What type of E-callers are you using?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZI know of a PHD scientist that tested the equipment and claims of quality, and was fired right after that article released.

what scientist? what tests? what claims? who fired who? what?

It's a scientist with a PHD that took equipment and tested the quality and reported his claims and after the article was released he got fired and Tbone-AZ knew the guy.

Sheeeeeeew! Say that in one breath!

It wasn't a problem for Tbone.

lol.gif

Haha! I'm going to stay out of that one!

Last edited:
When you compare them dollar for dollar, and then look at the warranties, Foxpro has by far the best warranty. My friends alpha dogg quit working last winter after 3 years, and they wouldn't do anything for him. They did offer him a new one at a discounted price, but you could still find them cheaper elsewhere. There is no fixing most other brands.

I had a Primos Turbo Dogg for a few years. I killed with it, no doubt. However, I purchased a FoxPro CS24C at the tail end of calling season in March from All Predator Calls and it's amazing. I haven't had the chance to hunt with it yet but the TX1000 remote is top notch. I'm all FoxPro from here on out. Looking to get out calling probably in October or November. Got some deer to hunt first.

I started with a Foxpro Corssfire, nice call but I wanted to try the TX-1000.

Bought a Foxpro Fusion and SP-60. Great call, TX-1000 is worth it.

I got tired of lugging the SP-60 and not always using it/having to set it up when I did.

Got a Shockwave, it's the bomb! Dual pivoting speakers but still easy to carry and setup, has the TX-1000.

I'm a Foxpro fan. They have great products and the customer service is top notch.

"So tell me about your caller
What type
How do you like it
How do the calls sounds ( real or from an 8 track tape )
Who has the best deals"

I run the CS24C and a Shockwave + a SP60 speaker. The distance to the stand, wind speed, and sounds needed determine what call gets the nod on that particular stand. The CS24 gets the bulk of the work unless I need to mix sounds.

I like both callers, if I could only buy one, I would probably go with the CS24 + speaker for windy days. However, I would pick the CS24 more for weight and packability than any other reason. The Shockwave can do the exact same thing + perform many other features that I rarely use. I believe 90% of the coyote hunters use less than 10 sounds all year long.

I've never used Wildlife Tech, Lucky Duck, or Icotec so I can't say how they sound, but out of all the other calls I've owned or hunted over, Foxpro seems to sound very good to my ears. And it seems to be the most user-friendly out of the bunch. Plus the FoxPro people are super good to deal with when ya have a problem.

I have sounds that play great on my FoxPro and I have tracks that sound bad. It really depends on the quality of the track when ya load it on the caller. My Dennis Kirk tracks sound like sh*t, Johny Stewart is in between good/bad, WT tracks sound good, but the FP tracks are the best only because they are originals.

You are really buying a delivery system. There are really only 3-4 companies/people that actually make their own predator sounds. Most call companies buy the sound library from WT and repackage it as their own. If ya want a call that will operate as it should, is user-friendly and has a great warranty, then I would suggest looking at FP.

AllPredator Calls usually have a competitive price, but great deals can be had in the classified section or on eBay. FoxPro usually has some refurbished units for a decent price.

I have a Foxpro Spitfire and really liked it, but recently a couple sounds started messing up. I'll probably get a new caller this year but haven't decided what I'm getting yet.

Sticking with my Wildlife Technoligies caller, tried FoxPro and no complaints, but sounds qualities of WT are hard to beat.

Lockjaw,
I have the FoxPro Wildfire II. I do like the call but I will be upgrading to something with a remote that has more range and is easier to use with gloves. I am really liking the FoxPro Patriot for that reason. It does not have the foxbang feature but I would definitely still buy one.

Originally Posted By: lyotehunterwildlife tech,had two foxpro's but the WT's far better in my experience.

The WT remote transmitters sure aren't. Not even close to a FoxPro TX1000

I got the wild Fire 2. It's been a good starter call, but between the lack of range with the remote and my older eyes that can't see the screen no more... It's time to upgrade

I bought a Shockwave a couple months ago to replace my FP Fury which I had for several years. TX1000 works from !00 yards+/-. The only negative I can think of is the Shockwave seems twice as heavy as the Fury. Not a big deal unless you have to carry it a long way.

Back