I'm Game!

hm1996

Staff member
“People are now calling for a complete National Boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, which is Veteran’s Day Weekend. They are also calling for a boycott of all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums.

Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

There are plenty of ways, times and places to protest concerning one’s chosen cause, but to do so during the brief special time set aside to honor our nation’s flag and the bravery and lives of our nation’s military heroes, is inappropriate and disrespectful.

I am offended by the owners and players who selfishly display their views during this solemn time.

Of course black lives matter, but so do the precious lives of millions of US soldiers (of all races) who have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend and protect our nation’s rights and freedoms….and who most certainly deserve all of our respect.

It’s not about Trump, its about all those who bravely and unselfishly serve and who have served our nation. The Star Spangled Banner is presented to honor all of them.”

I sure as heck agree and will be boycotting. How about you? Share if you do. Spread the word.

Regards,
hm

I've been on a boycott against the pricks for several years. If the colleges start doing it I will stop watching them also. This has made me even more determined. I will never darken a stadium for pro football, baseball, or basketball again or buy any of their jerseys,hats,etc.. I've eat a lot of "I AINT'S" but that is one I will not eat.

Agree, but think of the impact all those MT stadiums would have, even if just one day. Worlds would shake, empires fall and....rules would change.
grin.gif

MT ain't gonna happen, but a huge drop in attendance/participation would get their attention.

Regards,
hm

i've been boycotting pro sports for 46 years!

i prefer to go out and do things rather than watch other people do things, especially a bunch of over paid illiterate cry babies.

Originally Posted By: 6724i've been boycotting pro sports for 46 years!

i prefer to go out and do things rather than watch other people do things, especially a bunch of over paid illiterate cry babies.

^^^ Same thing here, Only sports I watch is Women's Beach Volley ball
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: reddog964Originally Posted By: 6724i've been boycotting pro sports for 46 years!

^^^ Same thing here, Only sports I watch is Women's Beach Volley ball
wink.gif
wink.gif

+2
thumbup.gif

I would think football is their job.
No job I ever had would allow protesting or any other personal business during work hours.
After work with uniform off then you could go for it.

If they want to disrespect the country and company that pays them on their own time that would be a protected right I would think.

Whatever the case I never watched anyway so I would never be missed.
To much good stuff to do to spend time watching a bunch of strangers run after an odd shaped ball.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
No job I ever had would allow protesting or any other personal business during work hours.

mine either.

the guy who has a job i envy is tbone. he has it sooooo good with that job. come to think of it, he has not been posting lately. maybe he got fired.
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: tnshootist

mine either.

the guy who has a job i envy is tbone. he has it sooooo good with that job. come to think of it, he has not been posting lately. maybe he got fired.
w00t.gif

lol.gif

Nah, paid vacation I bet.
We'll know more Monday morning around 11 AM Eastern Time.
Stay tuned!

lol.gif

I never have been a big sports fan, used to watch football, NASCAR occasional college game. The NFL tossed that out the window with their threats of going on strike back in the 90s. Haven't watched but a game or two since.

That being said however, tnshootist is on the right track. Who amongst us has a job where they can express their political views, knowingly pissing off more than 70% of their customer base, and still be employed the next day, let alone week after week while viewer shares and ratings fail.

While some will argue they have the right to protest, they do NOT have the right to protest on the field in uniform. While in uniform and on the field, they represent the team, the team owner, the team owner's company, the NFL, the sponsors, the town and state they are from, and the fans. And, obviously, if they've made that many fans grumpy, they aren't expressing the fans opinion.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksI prefer womens gymnastics myself. Sounds good. No more foosbaall for me. Ever.

Pretty close second for me
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Rocky1I never have been a big sports fan, used to watch football, NASCAR occasional college game. The NFL tossed that out the window with their threats of going on strike back in the 90s. Haven't watched but a game or two since.

That being said however, tnshootist is on the right track. Who amongst us has a job where they can express their political views, knowingly pissing off more than 70% of their customer base, and still be employed the next day, let alone week after week while viewer shares and ratings fail.

While some will argue they have the right to protest, they do NOT have the right to protest on the field in uniform. While in uniform and on the field, they represent the team, the team owner, the team owner's company, the NFL, the sponsors, the town and state they are from, and the fans. And, obviously, if they've made that many fans grumpy, they aren't expressing the fans opinion.

I hope they all find out it is/was not the right place to pull there agenda.

What are you guys talking about? What better thing is there to do on a nice day than sit on the couch and watch other people exercise. Cheering for some yahoos you do not know that represent a team in a city you do not live in. I guess it is the overflowing testosterone competing for some strange sense of dominance, that the basic herd mentality can not only relate to but are willing to spend their hard earned money on.

But this is just who we are, as the "human" mentality. Traces of strange spectator driven competition can be traced all the way back to the Roman colosseum. Pull the crap of not standing as a form of disrespect in the colosseum and your [beEp] could very well be thrown to the lions.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762 I guess it is the overflowing testosterone competing for some strange sense of dominance, that the basic herd mentality can not only relate to but are willing to spend their hard earned money on.

Hey dude, back off a little on the testosterone thing!
Some of us old guys have to pay good money for those shots!!
And the B12 ain't free either.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762What are you guys talking about? What better thing is there to do on a nice day than sit on the couch and watch other people exercise. Cheering for some yahoos you do not know that represent a team in a city you do not live in. I guess it is the overflowing testosterone competing for some strange sense of dominance, that the basic herd mentality can not only relate to but are willing to spend their hard earned money on.

But this is just who we are, as the "human" mentality. Traces of strange spectator driven competition can be traced all the way back to the Roman colosseum. Pull the crap of not standing as a form of disrespect in the colosseum and your [beEp] could very well be thrown to the lions.

I literally have not watched TV in almost 10 years. I could care less about sports. My life is anything but boring without it. There is nothing more annoying to me than to be surrounded by a bunch of intoxicated people in a rage of excitement about something that truly has no meaning at all. I guess a lot has changed with me. No longer do I live for excitement, but for peace and relaxation. Life has become more meaningful living it like this. And I guess in a way, it is exciting (if that's the right word) waiting to see the next door God will open.

I agree with your post.

Back