Weaver Classic Extreme

shelton573

Hey Guys,

I have asked about this scope a long time ago but just curious if there is any new thoughts or info on it. It seems the new ones are not made in Japan but rather the Philippines. What would you compare them to? How do they compare to something like the weaver V16? Any info is much appreciated. Looking at maybe putting a 4-16 on my AR so the 3-16 S-Tac can make its way back to the 270. Might just end up snagging another S-Tac for it. I have kinda become partial to them. Thanks in advance for the input!

I like Weaver optics a lot. Especially for the $$. I looked at those a few years back and the size and weight turned me off for the project I had in mind. I feel safe saying that the glass and tracking should be pretty good, though, considering it is Weaver.

Thanks for the reply! People say the only downfall to them is they are not near the scope they were when made in Japan but never looked through the original ones.

I am a big fan of the Weaver Classic and Grand Slam scopes. They have always done well for me.

The Classic Extreme that is currently available is made in the Philippines like you said. They are more of a dressed up 40/44 scope, that Weaver offers. I'm sure it would work fine, but I've used a 40/44 before, and it's not near as nice as the Japan Classic scopes.

I don't think he high power Extreme's were ever made in Japan, Just the 10-12x's I think. Anyhow I've got 4 on AR's and have never had a problem. I've got a new 6x24x50 Extreme sitting here on my desk that I put a set of Warne QD rings on for an AR but I sold it first. It's the German #4 reticle with the illuminated dot.
If you want it I'll make you a real good deal with or without the Warne rings. I've got one set up just like it but it's a 8x32 and I shoot it on my B/A target rifle.

Jim D

Originally Posted By: Texas SwiftyI don't think he high power Extreme's were ever made in Japan, Just the 10-12x's I think. Anyhow I've got 4 on AR's and have never had a problem. I've got a new 6x24x50 Extreme sitting here on my desk that I put a set of Warne QD rings on for an AR but I sold it first. It's the German #4 reticle with the illuminated dot.
If you want it I'll make you a real good deal with or without the Warne rings. I've got one set up just like it but it's a 8x32 and I shoot it on my B/A target rifle.

Jim D

Hey Jim I appreciate it! I actually just bought a scope and ended up passing on the weaver. I saw that Natchez had the Nikon monarch 5 in 3-15x50 on sale for $379. I know it's not actually a sale price for them, just their normal price, but I looked through one at cabelas today when I picked up my 204 and was pretty impressed with the glass. Cabelas had it for $570 I believe so I figured $379 from Natchez with the free shipping code wasn't too bad. I'll report back on how it turns out.

i had an original japanese made classic extreme. it was one of the best scopes i have ever had. i would buy a safe full of the originals if i could.

I have a couple of the Japanese Classic Extreme's and a couple of the ones that Weaver makes exclusively for Natchez. That's right,They aren't a close out scope,Weaver makes that scope just for Natchez.
While they are still pretty good optics,they don't compare to the original Japanese versions.

My buddy stepped up and tried one out. It has some pretty good glass in it but the turrets barely have clicks. If you are going to sight it in and just hunt with it I think it would be just right.

Back